Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Graduate (PhD Fellowship)
Provider: Facebook Inc.
Country to Study in: Any country (excluding US embargoed countries)
Everyday Facebook confronts the most complex technical problems and believe that close relationships with the academic community will enable address many of these problems at a fundamental level and solve them.
As part of it’s ongoing commitment to academic relationships, Facebook is pleased to announce this extended two year Facebook Fellowship program to support graduate students in the 2015-16 and 2016-17 academic years.
The Facebook Fellowship Program is open to full-time PhD students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system architecture, or a related area.
This Program is open to individuals who are enrolled full-time, as defined by the individual’s university, and in good standing at an appropriately accredited doctoral program focusing on a Topic or Field (whether an individual is engaged in research in a Topic or Field will be determined in Facebook’s sole discretion).
You are not eligible to participate in this Program if you are a national or legal resident of those countries in which the United States has embargoed goods (including, without limitation, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, and Syria, unless you are enrolled full-time at an accredited university in the United States or a non-embargoed country, with the exception of nationals and legal residents of Cuba, who are unconditionally ineligible to participate).
Further, the Award, or portions thereof, may be forfeited if an Award recipient does not remain enrolled with full-time status and in good standing at the same doctoral program for the entire period of the award.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT embargoed countries)
All accredited universities in the USA and non-embargoed countries (please see Eligibility above)
Fields of study
Full-time doctoral level study in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system architecture, or a related area. The eligible areas have been listed out below.
Eligible Areas of Research include:
- Data Mining
- Distributed Systems
- Computer Vision
- Human-Computer Interaction & Social Computing
- Economics and Computation
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking & Operating Systems
- Programming Languages & Compilers
- Security & Privacy
- Software Engineering
Not specified by sponsor
Facebook Fellowship Award has been expanded to cover two years!
Each Facebook Fellowship includes several benefits:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year(s)
- $37,000 yearly grant
- Paid visit to Facebook HQ to present your research
- Opportunity for paid internship
To apply, eligible individuals must submit the following materials (collectively, “Application”) to Facebook, or email a Word or PDF file of the Application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fellowship Program Application”:
- Curriculum Vitae (“CV”): Your Application must include your CV, which should detail prior relevant work experience, academic record, and publication record.
- Letters of Reference: Application must include the name and contact information of two (2) people who will be providing letters of reference on behalf of the applicant. The letters of reference should address the applicant’s skills and character and why the applicant deserves to receive the Award. One (1) letter of reference must be from the applicant’s current doctoral program advisor. All letters must be submitted by the references by the Application due date.
- Research Proposal: Application must include a one (1) to two (2) page (single-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, one (1) inch margins) research proposal in your Field of study. Research proposals will be reviewed, subject to the two (2) page limit, and any page(s) submitted in excess of the two (2) page limit may not be read. Additionally, the Research Proposal must clearly identify the area of focus and applicability of anticipated research to Facebook.
- Research Area: The research proposal must address the applicant’s PhD research area. Transcript (OPTIONAL): Application may also include transcripts from any/all post-secondary educational institutions that the applicant has attended.
- Research Summary
1-2 page research summary, which clearly identifies the area of focus and applicability of anticipated research to Facebook.
- Resume or CV
- Two email contacts for a letter of recommendation:
- Professional reference (can be from academia or industry)
Applications open on Monday, October 20, 2014 at 5:00pm.
Completed applications are due by Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 8:59am.
(Applications may be saved and edited up until application deadline)
Application Deadline: 6 January 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes (EXCEPT US-embargoed countries)
More Scholarship Information and Applicatio
Official Facebook Fellowship Homepage
Related: List of Scholarships in the USA for International Students