Gani Fawehinmi Annual Scholarship
Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Gani Fawehinmi Foundation
Country to Study in: Nigeria
The Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board offers an annual Scholarship Scheme, the Gani Fawehinmi Annual Scholarship Awards, to Nigerian students studying in tertiary institutions of higher learning in the country.
Applications are invited for the 2014 edition of the Chief Gani Fawehinmi Annual Scholarship Awards. The current award will cover both 2013 and 2014.
The last award in 2013 was for twenty (20) students; however, the current award will be for 40 (Forty) students each of whom will receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100, 000.00) each.
Criteria for the Chief Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Award 2014:
- Applicants must be poor and indigent
- Applicants must be registered students of tertiary institutions in nigeria i.e Universities, polytechnics and colleges of education.
- Applicants must have good academic performance
Citizens of Nigeria ONLY are eligible
Approved tertiary institutions of higher learning in Nigeria - universities, polytechnics and colleges of education
Fields of study
All courses of study are eligible
Number of awards
For the current 2014 call, forty (40) scholarships will be awarded
This is a financial aid to successful applicants
A total sum of Four Million Naira (N4,000 000.00) is to be awarded to successful applicants i.e. all of the forty successful applicants will receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100, 000.00) each.
Method of Application
To apply, every applicant shall submit an application form, not more than two (2) pages. The letter must include the following:
- Name of the candidate
- Course and year of study
- State of origin and
- Reason the candidate believes he or she deserves the scholarship award
- A photocopy of the candidate’s current identity card;
- A letter from the candidate’s current Head of Department, including correct information on the candidate’s CGPA for the last academic session.
- A letter from the registrar certifying that the candidate is a student of the institution
- A copy of the candidate’s registration form for the current semester and
- Two (2) current passport photographs.
The application letter, with all the supporting documents, should be forwarded (by hand or postal delivery) to:
1). Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board
Nigerian Law Publications House
Otunba Jobi Fele Way, C.B.D.,
Alausa, Ikeja. P.O. Box 80279,
2). Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board
c/o Dr. U.A.U. Onyebinama, Chairperson ASUU,
Department of Agricultural Economics,
Michael Opara University of Agriculture, Umudike.
3). Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board
c/o Dr. M.K. Aliyu, Chairman ASUU,
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, ASUU office.
The deadline for submission of Gani Fawehinmi Schorlaship 2014 application is Monday, 18th August, 2014
Interview Centers, Date And Time For the 2014 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship:
- Zaria: Thursday, August 21, 2014 at ASUU Secretariat, Ahmadu Bello University, Samaru campus, at 10.00am
- Umudike: Thursday, August 28, 2014 at ASUU Secretariat, Michael Opara University, Umudike at 10.00am
- Lagos: Tuesday, September 19, 2014 at Nigerian Law Publication House at Otunba Jobi Fele Way, C.B.D., Alausa, Ikeja. P.O. Box 80279, Lafiaji, Lagos at 10.00am
Successful candidates will be awarded the scholarships on Thursday, September 11, 2014 Otunba Jobi Fele Way, C.B.D., Alausa, Ikeja. P.O. Box 80279, Lafiaji, Lagos at 12.00 noon.
Students who have won the scholarship are not eligible.
Education Is Not Just For The Rich, Grab The Opportunity.
Application Deadline: 18 August 2014
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Undergraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students