Course(s) Offered: Education for Development
Course Level: World Conference
Provider: UNESCO, Japan Govt., Goi Peace
Country to Study in: Japan
Apply now – Your chance to take part in the UNESCO Education for Sustainable Development Youth Conference in Japan!
Are you between 18 and 35 years old? Are you involved in Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)? Do you have success stories and innovative ESD initiatives you could share? Would you like to meet and collaborate with other ESD youth leaders from around the world? Do you want to add your voice to youth-focused recommendations that will be presented at the World Conference on ESD?
What: 2014 UNESCO Education for Sustainable Development Youth Conference in Japan!
Whom: Young people between the ages of 18 and 35 years old, involved in Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)
Where: Aichi-Nagoya, Okayama City, Japan
When: 10-12 November 2014
To be eligible for participation in the UNESCO ESD Youth Conference, you must:
1)Be between 18-35 years of age as of 1 June 2014.
2)Have demonstrated active engagement in the field of Education for Sustainable Development.
3)Have a good command of English, and be able to actively participate in conference discussions.
4) Be able to attend the full schedule of events in Japan from 6-13 November 2014 (or at least through 11 November), and to take part in the prior online consultations in September-October 2014 to prepare for Youth Conference discussions and input to the World Conference
Citizens of ALL countries of the world are eligible
Institutions involved are:
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT),
- Japanese National Commission for UNESCO, the City of Okayama and
- Goi Peace Foundation
All areas of "Education for Sustainable Development" (ESD) initiatives
Number of awards
The UNESCO ESD Youth Conference will bring together 50 young ESD leaders from around the world in Okayama City, Japan on 7 November 2014.
A three day conference - 10 to 12 November 2014
As a Youth Conference participant you will have an opportunity to exchange your ideas and experiences with peers. You will be able to discuss innovative approaches to ESD and ways to promote young people’s contribution and further involvement in the global ESD movement. And you will help elaborate commitments to future ESD actions.
Conference participants will also be involved in developing recommendations for the UNESCO World Conference on ESD, which will take place in Aichi-Nagoya, Japan from 10-12 November 2014. All Youth Conference participants will be invited to take part in the World Conference.
Successful applicants will receive travel sponsorship. Organizers will provide roundtrip air tickets between the participant’s nearest airport and Japan, as well as accommodation, meals and transportation within Japan.
Please note that participants are responsible for their domestic transportation (from their home to the nearest airport), visa application, traveler’s insurance, and incidental expenses during their stay in Japan.
Method of Application
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1) Application form: Please complete the Application Form in English. The document file must be saved in Microsoft Word format with filename “LAST NAME_First Name_Country Name.docx” (in this format).
Download Application Form via link below; or if you encounter problems, visit the official site (link to it is below) to download it.
2) Recommendation letter: A letter from a head or officer of an ESD/youth-related organization or institution stating the applicant’s engagement and relevant competency in ESD. The letter must be written in English and include contact information of the signatory (in any format, no longer than one page).
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com with the subject line “LAST NAME_First Name_Country Name.docx” (in this format).
Download the Application Form here.
It is important to visit the Official Webpage of the UNESCO Education for Sustainable Development Youth Conference (link to it is below) for complete details on how to apply.
Application Deadline date is June 1st 2014
The Youth Conference is being organized by UNESCO, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT), the Japanese National Commission for UNESCO, the City of Okayama and The Goi Peace Foundation.
Application Deadline: 1 June 2014
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Country for International Students