Course(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Delta State Government
Country to Study in: Nigeria
The Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (DESOPADEC) is pleased to announce the commencement of its 2013/2014 Bursary Award to all Full-time Undergraduate Students who are indigenes of Delta state and hail from the mandate areas.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates from these mandate areas for selection in the 2013/2014 DESOPADEC Undergraduates Bursary Award for students in Nigeria Universities and Polytechnics.
To qualify for a possible consideration of your application, you must:
- Be from an Oil Producing Area, in a DESOPADEC mandate Area of Delta State.
- Be a Full-time Undergraduate Student in a Nigeria University/Polytechnic.
- Have a Traditional Ruler Attestation Letter or a Community Development Committee (CDC) Chairman Letter.
- Be a duly Matriculated Student of a University evidenced by an Admission Letter and a Matriculation Number.
- Have a Valid Bank Account.
- Have a Scanned or Digital Passport Photograph.
- Have an Active E-mail Address for notification purposes.
- Not be a 100 Level Student in a University/Polytechnic.
- Avoid multiple applications.
Citizens of Nigeria from mandate areas of Delta state
All accredited Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics
Fields of study
All fields of study are eligible
Number of awards
Not specified by sponsors
This is a BURSARY AWARD to eligible students.
The Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (DESOPADEC) was set up by an Act of the Delta State Government in 2007, to execute a clear mandate.
As stated in Section 13 (1) of its enabling law, the Commission shall "receive and administer exclusively the fifty percent (50%) of the thirteen percent (13%) Oil Derivation fund accruing to the Delta State Government for:
(a) the rehabilitation and development of Oil Producing Areas in the State, and
(b) Other development Projects as may be determined from time to time by the Commission.
Method of Application
All applications must be by qualified applicants (see 'Eligibility' above) and must be made online at the official website via link below.
After correctly filling in the particulars of the applicant and his/her course of study, ensure that the requested attachments are also correctly uploaded. Please note that for these attachments:
- The ONLY allowed file formats for the Passport Photograph are: .jpg, .png, and .gif.***
- The ONLY allowed file formats for Admission Letter, Letter from Traditional Ruler or CDC, and Local Government of Origin Certificate are: .jpg, .png, .gif and .pdf.***
- The maximum allowed size for any file attachment is 2 MB.
The Application Closing Date is 27th April, 2014.
Names of successful candidates will be posted on the DESOPADEC website in due course.
The Board of Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (DESOPADEC) was formally set up in July, 2007 by the administration of Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan to execute a clear and critical mandate; to better the lots of the peoples and communities of the oil producing areas of Delta State.
The commission is charged with the responsibility of receiving and administering exclusively 50 per cent of the 13 per cent Oil Derivation Fund accruing to the Delta State Government from the federal allocation for the rehabilitation and development of oil producing areas in the state and other development projects as may be determined from time to time by the commission.
25 Warri/Sapele Road, Warri, Delta State
Application Deadline: 27 April 2014
Open to International Applicants: No(ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Country for International Students