NDA Admissions into Full Time Postgraduate Programmes
Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Graduate (PhD, masters, PGD)
Provider: Nigerian Defense Academy
Country to Study in: Nigeria
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the full-time postgraduate programmes of the Postgraduate School, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna for the 2014/2015 Academic Session.
The sale of Online Application Forms shall be open from 17th February 2014 - 16th May 2014.
Upon purchase of Access or PIN Codes, prospective candidates should follow the link on the NDA official website (link to it is below) or log on to the application portal (link to it is below) and complete the online application farm.
The requirements for the various programmes are as follows:
- Master’s (MA, MEng and MSc) Degrees: A candidate seeking admission into the Master’s Degree programme shall be a graduate of the Nigerian Defence Academy or any other recognized university. Such candidate must possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in the relevant field of study.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree: A candidate for PhD Degree must possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) at Bachelor Degree and a Master’ Degree in the proposed field of study from a recognized university. In addition, the candidate must have scored an average of not less than 60% or 3.50 at the Masters level.
Citizens of Nigeria ONLY
Postgraduate School, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna; Nigeria
Fields of study
(A) DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The following full -time programmes are available in the faculties and departments listed:
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences:
a). Department of Accounting
- MSc in Accounting
- PhD in Accounting
- MSc in Economics
- PhD in Economics
- MSc in Urban Geography
- MSc Geography in Environmental Management
- MSc Geography in Climatology
- MSc Geography in Remote Sensing /GIS
- PhD Geography in Environmental Management
- PhD Geography in Climatology
- PhD in Urban Geography
- PhD Geography in Remote Sensing / GIS
- MA in Military History
- MA in International Studies
- PhD in Military History
- PhD in International Studies
- MSc in Defence and Strategic Studies
- PhD in Defence and Strategic Studies
a). Department of Biological Science
- MSc in Medicinal and Poisonous Plant Studies
- MSc in Biotechnology
- MSc in Parasitology
- MSc in Analytical Chemistry
- MSc in Organic Chemistry
- MSc in Inorganic Chemistry
- MSc in Material Science and Explosives
- MSc in Environmental Chemistry
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry
- PhD in Organic Chemistry
- PhD in Inorganic Chemistry
- MSc in Pure Mathematics
- MSc in Applied Mathematics
- PhD in Pure Mathematics
- MSc in Theoretical Physics
- MSc in Nuclear and Radiation Physics
- MSc in Solid State Physics
- PhD in Theoretical Physics
- PhD in Nuclear and Radiation Physics
- PhD in Solid State Physics
a). Department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- M.Eng in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- PhD in Electronics and Communications Engineering
- M.Eng in Production Engineering
- M.Eng in Thermofluid & Energy Engineering
- M.Eng in Material and Metallurgical Engineering
- PhD in Production Engineering
- PhD in Thermofluid & Energy Engineering
- PhD in Material and Metallurgical Engineering
The following full-time PGD progamrnes are available in the faculty and departments listed below:
Faculty of Engineering:
a). Department of Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
- PGD in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (PGDE)
- PGD in Civil Engineering (PGDCE)
- PGD in Mechanical Engineering (PGDME)
The number of spaces on these courses have not been made known by the NDA
Each student admitted for Master’s or PhD Degree must pursue a FULL-TIME course of study and research in the Academy.
Depending on the degree in view, the following conditions are also applicable:
- A student for the Master’s degree shall pursue the programme for 2 years (4 Semesters)
- Candidates for PhD degree shall pursue the programme for 3 years (6 Semesters). At the expiration of the period of study for any given programme, a student who has not completed his/her programme shall be withdrawn from the Academy. However, in exceptional circumstances, application for extension to complete the programme may be entertained. Extension shall not exceed a period of one year (2 Semesters) in case of Master’s degree and 2 years (4 semesters) in case of Ph.D.
- A student of Postgraduate Diploma shall pursue a full-time programme for 2 years (4 semesters) and maximum period of 3 years (6 semesters)
Knowledge, skills and values necessary to meet the requirements of a military officer through a broad-based training in military, academic and character development are acquired while at the NDA.
Limited number of rooms are available in the NDA Postgraduate School Hostel on first come first served basis.
Method of Application
Candidates are required to purchase Access or PIN Codes available at all Zenith bank Branches and Cash Offices nationwide at the cost of N7,500.00 only, excluding bank charges of N500.00, for online application.
Submission Of Application:
Upon purchase of Access or PIN Codes, prospective candidates should log on to the official NDA application portal (link to it is below) and complete the "Online Application Form". Kindly note that your application is not complete until all copies of your Credentials, Acknowledgement Form, Referee Form, Application for Transcripts Form and Medical Report Form have been submitted along with your application.
Candidates can either UPLOAD the aforementioned items when they sign in, or send them by MAIL to:
Nigerian Defence Academy
P.M.B 2109, Kaduna
not later than the deadline date indicated below.
All applications must be submitted on or before the 16th May, 2014
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) was established on 5 February 1964 in response to the defence needs of independent Nigeria to train officers for the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Before then, the institution was known as the Royal Military Forces Training College (RMFTC). After independence in 1960, it became known as the Nigerian Military Training College.
The role of the Academy is to provide each officer cadet with knowledge, skills and values necessary to meet the requirements of a military officer through military, academic and character development.
In essence, the NDA is an institution where selected young able-bodied men and women are groomed into well educated, courageous, virile and erudite subalterns.
Nigerian Defence Academy,
Kaduna, Kaduna State.
Application Deadline: 16 May 2014
Open to International students: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Course Information and Application(NDA PG Application Portal)
NDA News and Related Information(Official NDA website)
Related: List of Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerians