Education UK and the British Council organises regular events in over 40 countries, where you can meet face-to-face with representatives from UK schools, colleges and universities.
Countries where these events and exhibitions are organized include countries of Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc), Asia (Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, etc), Europe (Italy, Turkey, Poland, etc) and South America (Mexico, etc).
The Education UK Events page (link to it is below) gives details of some of these upcoming events, but if your country is not listed, contact your local British Council office for up-to-date information.
Events may be of three types:
- At Pre-departure briefings, you can receive practical advice from British Council staff on planning your UK studies, choosing accommodation, booking your travel and more.
- At Education UK exhibitions, you can meet representatives from UK institutions directly, ask them your burning questions, get advice on your applications and more. Look at the 'study level' column to see which types of institution will be there.
- At Seminars, education representatives and experts will give detailed advice on a particular topic.
Event registration will open 4–8 weeks prior to the event. If there is no link to register for an event you would like to attend, please bookmark the official page (see 'Education UK / British Council Events page' above) and return to it later to check for more information.
2014 Events and Exhibition in NigeriaFor Nigerians, the British Council Nigeria invites you to meet face to face with representatives of over 50 UK institutions (universities, colleges, schools) at the Education UK Exhibition 2014, holding this February in Abuja and Lagos.
The exhibition is a great opportunity to get first-hand information about the various study options available to you at a variety of UK institutions.
This page guides you to register and attend the 2014 Education UK Exhibition holding in Nigeria. Just follow the instructions here to get started.
Benefits of Attending The Education UK Exhibition 2014Whether or not you decide to study in the UK, you will get the opportunity to:
- Speak directly with representatives from over 50 UK Institutions
- Receive information about the variety courses/programmes offered at the different institutions
- Get information on Professional Development courses, Distance Learning, etc.
- Learn about Application/Admission processes and procedures
- Access scholarship information
- Gain on the spot admission
- Receive Career & Professional development advice
- Attend our information sessions
- Learn about studying and living in the UK and so much more
Events Timetable in NigeriaThe event comes up as follows:
Wednesday, 19th February 2014
The Congress Hall
Transcorp Hilton Hotel
1, Aguiyi Ironsi Street,
Friday, 21st February 2014
New Expo Centre
Eko Hotel and Suites
Adetokunbo Ademola Street
Victoria Island, Lagos
Saturday, 22nd February 2014
Grandeur Events Centre
17 Billingsway, Oregun
You may also come along with your credentials. Eg. WAEC, BSc. etc.
Register for the 2014 Events and Exhibition in Nigeria.
Attendance is free but registration is required for admission.
For Further Enquiries:
Related: List of Scholarships in the UK for International Students