Course(s) Offered: Sciences (natural, medical, agric, social, etc), Engineering, Humanities
Course Level: Graduate(masters, PhD)
Country to Study in: Turkey
UPDATE: This programme was repealed by the decision of TÜBİTAK Science Committee. It will not be open to applications. International students seeking to pursue a graduate degree in Turkey can investigate opportunities of “Türkiye Scholarships”. See Türkiye Scholarships for International Undergraduate and Graduate Students.
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants scholarships for international students seeking to pursue a graduate degree in Turkey. The scholarship covers fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
TÜBİTAK is responsible for promoting, developing, organizing, conducting and coordinating research and development in line with national targets and priorities. The call for first round applications ended in February 2014, while the second application begins August 2014. So be prepared!
The scholarship is open to all students who want to undertake a graduate degree program in Turkey on the following conditions:
- Applicants must be 30 years old or younger for the MSc/MA programs and 35 years old or younger for the PhD programs on the first day of the application period.
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who hold a Bachelor’s degree or who are currently enrolled in their fourth year of college are eligible to apply for scholarship for the MSc/MA programs.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MSc/MA program in Turkey are also eligible for the scholarship on the condition that they have not yet completed their third semester in the program.
- Applicants holding an MSc/MA degree or currently enrolled in a master’s program who intend to enroll in a PhD program in Turkey are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in a PhD program in Turkey are also eligible to apply on the condition that they have not yet completed their six semester in the program.
Qualified citizens of ANY country of the world (EXCEPT Turkey)
All accredited universities (and qualified institutions of higher learning) in Turkey
Fields of study
Grants are for masters and doctoral level studies in the Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and the Humanities.
Number of awards
The number of awards have NOT been specified by provider/sponsor
Maximum duration for the scholarship is 2 years for the Masters and 4 years for the PhD program.
Successful completion of a masters programme within the stipulated time qualifies the candidate for another scholarship for a doctoral programme, dependent on admission into a doctoral programme in Turkey.
The scholarship will consist of
- A monthly stipend of 1.500 Turkish Liras (TL) for MSc/MA students
- A monthly stipend of 1.800 Turkish Liras (TL) for PhD students
- Tuition Fee (up to 2.000 Turkish Liras)
- A monthly allowance for health insurance coverage for the award holder only.
- All scholarship awardees who successfully complete a Master’s program will be rewarded scholarship for a PhD program on the condition that they are admitted to a program at a Turkish University.
All applications must be submitted electronically via TÜBİTAK scholarship application portal, which can be found at http://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr. All accompanying required documents must also be uploaded electronically.
Documents Required For Application
- Application form (This form is filled electronically on the online application portal)
- Copy of birth certificate or passport (pages of personal information)
- Copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree* (If any)
- Copy of Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts* (If any)
- A motivation letter (Statement of purpose)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two reference letters
- Certificates of achievement ( if any TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, TÖMER..etc )
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for detailed information on this scholarship and application procedure.
Applications will be accepted twice a year. Application deadlines for 2014 academic year are as follows:
- 1st Application Period: 13 January 2014 - 28 February 2014; AND
- 2nd Application Period: August 2014 - 12 September 2014.
The fellow is obliged to notify BİDEB about any other financial support he/she gets from an institution other than TÜBİTAK within 15 days from the beginning of the support.
The results are announced 3 months later, after the deadlines. There will not be announcement for the candidates not accepted.
Read the scholarship advertisement carefully. Prepare only the documents explained in the application. Be careful about the deadline. The requirements explained are strict and any different condition is not accepted.
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) is the leading agency for management, funding and conduct of research in Turkey. It was established in 1963 with a mission to advance science and technology, conduct research and support Turkish researchers. The Council is an autonomous institution and is governed by a Scientific Board whose members are selected from prominent scholars from universities, industry and research institutions.
Application Deadline: 28 February / 12 September 2014
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Turkey for International Students