Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Indian Higher Institutions
Country to Study in: India
Following the success of the 2013 OERL Study in India Scholarship, Oredian Education Resources Limited (OERL) hereby announces the registration of students for the 2014 OERL Study in India Scholarship.
This registration, announced by OERL, is for 2014/2015 academic year beginning in June 2014 and in collaboration with Indian Partner Institutions.
For the 2014 academic session, there are two types of scholarships thus: Academic Based Scholarship (ABS) AND Sport Based Scholarship(SBS).
Academic Based Scholarship (ABS): The scholarship will be awarded to students based on their respective performances in the OERL study in India scholarship examination.
Sport Based Scholarship (SBS): The prospective applicants must be academically qualified for any of the available courses before applying for scholarship under SBS.
The OERL Study in India Scholarship is fully approved by the authority of the participating Indian Institutions.
A). ELIGIBILITY FOR ACADEMIC BASED SCHOLARSHIP (ABS)
To qualify for the ABS test, applicant must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must have 5 credits in relevant subjects in WAEC, NECO OR NABTEB
- Must be within 17-25 years of age.
- Must be ready to undertake any of the below eligible course fields in sponsoring Institutions.
- Should be ready to represent Nigeria in India being a good student.
- Since the scholarship covers only tuition fee only prospective students must be financially ready to bear other cost in India.
The scholarship exam will be conducted by National Business and Examinations Board (NABTEB). The subjects are classified into three categories as follows:
1). Science Subjects (For Engineering, Natural/ Applied Sciences)
- Use of English & Current Affairs
- 10 questions relating to India.
- Literature in English
- Use of English & Current Affairs
- 10 questions relating to India.
- Use of English and Current Affairs
- 10 questions relating to India
Upon the award of provisional scholarship, students will be required to commence admission processing with the sponsoring Institutions as award of provisional scholarship does not represent automatic admission and visa requirements.
D). SPORT BASED SCHOLARSHIP (SBS)
Full scholarship has been approved by two sponsors Institutions - Saint Francis De-Sales College and Loyola Academy for 30 students in the under listed Sport & Games:
- Field events
Citizens of Nigeria
The 2014 beneficiaries of this scholarship will be admitted to any of the following Institutions:
- Dayananda Sagar Institutions Bangalore
- Saint Francis De-Sales College, Bangalore
- Loyola Academic Degree College, Hydrabad
- Vels University, Chainnia
Courses available for the current scholarship:
- Nursing – B.Sc & P.B.SC (Holders of Diploma Certificate in Nursing)
- Business Management
- Computer Application
- Physics, Maths & Computer Science
- Maths, Electronics & Computer Science
- Economics, Statistics & Maths
- Mass Communication
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Maths, Statistics & Computer Science
- Sociology, Economics & Psychology
- Journalism, Psychology & English
- Electronics Technology
- Animation Design
- Bio-technology, Genetics & Chemistry
- Agricultural Science & Rural Development
- Nautical Science
- Marine Engineering
- Higher National Diploma in Nautical Science
- Higher National Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Hospital Administration
- Medical Electronics
- Automobile Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Construction Technology & Management
- Information Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Not specified for the current session.
For 2013, a total of 150 scholarship slots were awarded.
See 'Scholarship benefits' below
The scholarship, which is worth $150,000 for tuition fee only, will be available and is distributed to beneficiaries in various courses as provided by the approving Institutions. Scholarship to be awarded covers tuition fee only while students are to take care of other expenses.
For the two types of scholarships in the 2014/2015 academic session:
1). Academic Based Scholarship (ABS): ABS are of three categories as follows:
- Full Scholarship: This scholarship covers the fee of 3 years or 4 years degree programme. Students are expected to score a minimum of 80% and above aggregate in the scholarship exam.
- Two years scholarship: This covers the tuition fee for two years of any 3 years degree course of study. Prospective winners in this category are expected to at least score 50% in the scholarship exam.
- One year scholarship: This covers only one year tuition fee of a three years academic programme. Students are expected to score at least 40% in the scholarship exam.
Full scholarship has been approved by two sponsor Institutions- Saint Francis De-Sales College and Loyola Academy for 30 students in the above listed Sport & Games (see 'D' under 'Eligibility' above).
Method of Application
To apply for this scholarship, interested candidates are required to follow these simple steps:
Interested Nigerian students who wish to benefit from this opportunity are to pay examination fee (which cover scholarship application, examination materials, centre, study in India Orientation Seminar) of N5, 775 (Five Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy-Five Naira only).
SBS APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested applicant must not be more than 25 years old and must indicate course of interest. Also while all applicants will be made to demonstrate ability and fitness, they will equally be examined by competent professional in their chosen sport.
The SBS full scholarship covers only tuition fee for the duration of the programme.
Applicants for SBS will not write the OERL Scholarship exams but bears all related costs of fitness determinations.
Payment of N5, 775 (Five Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy-Five Naira only). to:
Oredian Education Resources Limited (Guaranty Trust Bank) GTB Account No. 0016849816
- Download the OERL Scholarship Application Form from the download section of the official website (link to it is below).
- Fill the Application Form and scan the filled Form to email@example.com along with the evidence of payment.
OERL 2014 Scholarship Timetable
- Sales of Scholarship Form: 11th November – 31st December 2013
- Examination Date: 18th January 2014
- Release of Result: 3rd February 2014
- Interview Date: 10th February 2014
- Admission Processing: 3rd March – 31st March 2014
- Documentation & Visa Processing: 1st April – 30th April 2014
- Student Departure to India: June 2014
Examination Date & Center:
The scholarship examination will take place on 18th January 2014 at Lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcourt, Kaduna, Akwa, Warri, Jos and Ado Ekiti. Examination centre will be communicated to the students a week before the exam.
Scholarship Study Materials:
Candidates who successfully apply for 2014 scholarship will be provided with free 2012 and 2013 past scholarship question papers and answers to prepare for the exam.
Application Deadline: 31 December 2013
Open to International students: No(ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application(New Site)
More Scholarship Information and Application(Old Site)
Related: Scholarships in India for International Students