Course(s) Offered: Essay competition
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Nigerian Communication Commission
Country to Study in: Nigeria
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) hereby announces an essay competition, open to all undergraduates enrolled in all tertiary institutions within Nigeria.
This NCC-organised Undergraduate Essay Competition is titled the Mobile Number Portability Essay Competition, and will focus on the theme - "The Effect of Mobile Number Portability of Telecom Services and Usage in Nigeria."
Methodology for the essay competition:
- Undergraduates will write not more than 1000 words and not less than 500 words on the essay topic.
- Only first 500 entries representing undergraduates from tertiary academic institutions across the country.
- Winning essays will be selected based on Content, Grammar and Style.
- The winning essays will be announced by the First Quarter 2014.
- Participants are expected to register with their personal details and signed authentication as genuine Nigerian undergraduates.
Citizens of Nigeria
All accredited tertiary academic institutions in Nigeria, AND
The Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC), a parastatal of the Federal Government of Nigeria
Fields of study
The Essay Topic is: The Effect of Mobile Number Portability on Telecoms Service and Usage in Nigeria.
Objectives of the Competition are:
- Increase Awareness of the Subject Matter
- Engage and Enhance Research skills
- Encourage competition and academic excellence
- Build capacity of undergraduates
Not specified, but prizes will be given to three (3) finalist winners
The various prizes to be won are as follows:
- 1st Prize
N500,000.00 cash prize, Branded NCC Laptop and Printer
- 2nd Prize
N300,000.00 cash prize
- 3rd Prize
N200,000.00 cash prize
Please note that your essay must not be more than 1000 words and not less than 500 words. Your essay Content, Grammar and Style will be considered in the selection of winners.
All eligible students can fill the Mobile Number Portability Essay Competition Registration Form (55.17 kB) and submit the form via the Facebook link below.
Entries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you should SEND IN your entry and also FILL IN the registeration form (see link above.) Please visit the official website via link below for more details.
All entries must be sent in on, or before 16th December 2013.
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) is the independent regulatory body for the Nigerian telecommunications industry. The NCC was created under Decree number 75 by the Federal Military Government of Nigeria on 24 November 1992.
The NCC is charged with the responsibility of regulating the supply of telecommunications services and facilities, promoting competition, and setting performance standards for telephone services in Nigeria.
Application Deadline: 16 December 2013
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerians