Course(s) Offered: Software development, Entrepreneurship
Course Level: Training program
Country to Study in: Ghana
The Melwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) offers a two-year, full-time, fully sponsored training program to citizens of any country who recently graduated in Ghana. Starting this year, MEST is also accepting students from Nigeria.
This training program enables students – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – to learn about software development and entrepreneurship from Senior Faculty, who each bring more than 20 years of experience in the software business in the United States, Europe, or Asia. EITs also benefit from working with university graduates from around the world who serve as Teaching Fellows.
Every year, MEST trainees are recruited from among the brightest and most driven university graduates. Trainees come from diverse academic backgrounds, including French, Theater, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, and the Social Sciences.
MEST is looking for recent Ghanaian and/or Nigerian university graduates to join our next class of entrepreneurs!
- Applicants must have a degree in ANY subject from a Ghanaian OR Nigerian university or technical college
- A desire to start a software company
- Your CV (with Cover letter) and completely filled online application form
- Nigerian graduates must have complete their NYSC
- A desire to make a difference
- A strong interest in technology and software
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self motivation, as well as the ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
- Strong interest in teamwork
- The ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Proven academic excellence
All Nigerian graduate applicants must have served through the NYSC scheme.
Citizens of ANY country (who are graduates of Ghanaian or Nigerian universities or technical colleges)
Melwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology, East Legon, Accra, Ghana
Fields of study
The MEST program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed so that EITs master industry-proven methodologies for software development.
This coursework is supplemented by a series of guest lectures, featuring the experiences and insights of internationally-recognized executives and successful entrepreneurs.
Number of awards
This fully sponsored training program is a two-year, full-time academic exercise
To ensure that EITs can focus completely on becoming world-class entrepreneurs, MEST provides:
- Full Scholarship – MEST covers the total cost of Tuition.
- Three Meals a Day – Prepared and server by MEST’s catering staff
- Free Housing- EITs are Housed at a hostel for the duration of the two year program, free of charge.
- Monthly Stipend – MEST provide each EIT with a small monthly stipend
All questions on the "Application Form" are to be answered as comprehensively as possible. If you have any further questions, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A complete APPLICATION includes:
- Complete online application form
- A resume
- A video pitch (Explaining why you want to join MEST)
Ghanaian Graduates Admissions Timeline:
- Application Deadline: Open
- Offers Sent Out: June 20th 2015
- Screening and Interviews: April 2nd 2015 – May 20th 2015
- School Opens: 18th August 2015
- Application Deadline: November 1st 2014 - April 30th 2015
- Offers Sent Out: By June 30th 2015
- Screening and Interviews in Lagos: Completed by June 15th 2015
- School Opens: August 18th 2015
Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) was established in Accra, Ghana in 2008, by Meltwater Group and its non-profit Meltwater Foundation.
The school trains young Africans to become software entrepreneurs through a two-year curriculum.
Students work with business executives, university graduates and current MBA students to develop software applications and prepare them for launch in the global marketplace.
For all admissions related questions, kindly contact the recruitment coordinator, Amma Baffoe:
via E-Mail: email@example.com,
Application Deadline: Open (Ghana) / 30 April 2015 (Nigeria)
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Internship Opportunities for International Students