Program(s) Offered: Essay writing
Program Level: Competition / Contest
Provider: Japan Foreign Trade Council
Country to Write in: Any country
Since 2005, the Japan Foreign Trade Council, Inc. (JFTC) has been sponsoring the Japanese Foreign Trade Council (JFTC) Essay Competition to encourage students, young researchers and business people to express their opinions on matters of national and international importance.
The JFTC Essay Competition 2016 is for anyone from any part of the world, regardless of their nationality or age. All rights to the award-winning essays shall be the exclusive property of JFTC, with possibilities of reprinting the essay on its monthly magazine, JFTC website, or other general magazines.
JFTC is currently accepting entries for the JFTC Essay Competition 2016. Submissions will be accepted until the announced deadline date and time, as below.
Anyone can apply for the essay competition, regardless of nationality or age.
- English (4,000words) or Japanese (10,000characters). Each essay MUST BE accompanied by an essay summary of no more than 400words in English/ 1,000 Japanese characters.
- One diagram or chart is counted as 200 words. If the number of the words, including diagram or charts, is less than half of 4,000 words or more than the limitation, such work could be disqualified.
- Essays must be submitted in the specified format sheet downloaded from the JFTC website. Unless both essay title and summary are presented, such application shall be deemed incomplete and will NOT be evaluated.
- All submissions must be original and should be submitted with an entry form completely filled out.
- When you indicate sources cited, please put them concisely. Submitted work will not be returned.
- Essays developed by teams will be accepted under the name of the representative of the team. Please be noted that when an essay developed by a team were awarded, only the representative of the team would be invited. When the result of the evaluation is announced, the name of the team is publicized.
Citizens of ALL countries worldwide
The Japan Foreign Trade Council, Inc. (JFTC), Tokyo, Japan
"Searching for a New Initiative in Global Trade and the Role of Japanese Companies."
==> Visit the official website to understand the context within which to write this essay, and then send your constructive suggestions from a global viewpoint based on innovative ideas for a new meaning of “global trade and the role of Japanese companies” which would enable sustained prosperity in the world.
Number of awards
Four (4) prizes will be won - see below.
The Prizes include:
- One Grand Prize of 1,000,000yen
- Three Prizes for Excellence of 200,000yen each
Method of Application
All essays must be type-written on the Specified Essay Format which can be downloaded from the Entry Page. Please fill in the information needed and upload the essay through the Entry Page.
It is important to read the FAQ page and also visit the official webpage (link to it is below) for complete information on the essay topic, and how to apply to this essay competition.
The deadline date and time are September 9, 2016, at 24:00 (JST). The entry system closes down at this date and time.
JFTC CANNOT accept any essays after the deadline date and time. The entry page will be really congested at around the deadline time. It is recommended to apply earlier to avoid technical difficulty accessing the page.
The Japan Foreign Trade Council, Inc. (JFTC) was founded in June 1947 as a core private-sector organization in the area of international trade, with nationwide membership of private companies and organizations. Its direct antecedents comprised four trade promoting organizations which functioned in the early postwar years prior to the re-commencement of private trade. Following the dramatic changes in Japan’s economic and trade environments which began in the 1970s, the JFTC was reorganized in June 1986 to take the form of a trade-industry association with trading companies and trading organizations as its core members.
Application Deadline: 9 September 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Essay Competitions for International Students