Abertay University Overseas Student Scholarships
Course(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
Provider: Abertay University
Country to Study in: Scotland
The Overseas Student Scholarship Fund is open to students living outside the European Union and the European Free Trade Area, who are liable to pay overseas tuition fees and whom Abertay believes would bring to the University additional personal and academic qualities.
The University offers the Scholarship Scheme with the value of each scholarship directly related to the quality of the individual applicant’s academic merit and/or personal achievements in sport or music.
Available scholarships under the Scheme are: 1). The Academic Merit Scholarships - available to those with outstanding academic merit, based on their proven academic record at school and/or college and/or university at the point of application; AND 2). The Personal Achievement Scholarships - available to those applicants whose personal achievements in sport or music demonstrate a commitment and determination to excel in other aspects of life.
The following are required:
- You can only apply for a scholarship if you have submitted an application for a place on a degree or postgraduate programme at Abertay.
- Students applying for one or more full years of study at the University of Abertay Dundee, at either undergraduate or postgraduate level, will be eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Undergraduate students who are granted a place on a University of Abertay Dundee full-time degree course and are awarded a scholarship will benefit from the scholarship funding each year, for up to four years depending on the length of their course.
- For taught postgraduate degrees, successful applicants will enjoy scholarship funding for the duration of their course (normally between 12 and 18 months).
The fund will support individual scholarships based on academic merit, and/or personal achievement in either sports or music.
International students living outside the European Union and the European Free Trade Area
The University of Abertay Dundee, Scotland; United Kingdom
Fields of study
All full time degree courses, at either undergraduate or postgraduate level
Number of awards
The whole length of your study. Undergraduate students, for up to four years depending on the length of their course. Taught postgraduate degrees, normally between 12 and 18 months. Please note that Scholarship is not payable for repeat years of study.
Scholarships are awarded as a reduction in the total tuition fee payable; it is not a cash award. The Scholarship is of fixed value, and does not increase with inflation.
Academic Merit Scholarships include:
- Academic Merit Award (between £1,000 and £2,500)
- Academic Excellence Award (between £2,500 and £5,500)
- Outstanding Academic Merit Award (between £5,500 and £8,000)
- Exceptional Award (between £8,000 and £9,500).
- Personal Achievement Merit Award (between £1,000 and £2,500)
- Excellent Achievement Award (between £2,500 and £5,000)
- Outstanding Achievement Award (between £5,500 and £8,000)
- Exceptional Award (between £8,000 and £9,500
Method of Application
Applications for scholarships must be completed in full and all required documents must be submitted with the completed scholarship application form. If you do not provide all of the information and documentation requested, your application will not be considered.
If possible applications should be scanned and submitted electronically as attachments. They should be sent to email@example.com with the subject heading "Scholarship Application". Alternatively they can be mailed (please send copies not originals) to arrive by the closing date to:
Student Recruitment Office
University of Abertay Dundee, Bell Street, Dundee, DD1 1HG, United Kingdom
The University has set 31st January 2013 as the deadline for applications for the first round of awards. Two further rounds of applications for the academic year 2013/14 will be invited with deadlines of the 30th April and 31st July 2013.
Applicants can apply for multiple scholarships, but students may only be awarded one scholarship i.e. applicants cannot receive multiple awards.
Candidates must complete the relevant application form (where appropriate) and supply supporting documentation by the relevant deadline for awards. The school regrets that applications and associated documentation received after the deadline cannot be considered.
You can only apply for a scholarship if you have submitted an application for a place on a degree or postgraduate programme at Abertay. Abertay University would expect that you will be able to submit evidence of having achieved an advanced level by a recognised body in the musical or sporting world.
Applicants must be available to take up their place on the course in September 2013. Overseas Scholarship awards cannot be deferred. Applicants who are unable to commence study at that time must re-apply for consideration under future Overseas Scholarship arrangements.
Once an award has been made, applicants must confirm their acceptance of the Scholarship within two weeks of notification. Failure to do so will result in the award being withdrawn and offered to another applicant.
Application Deadlines: 31 January / 30 April / 31 July 2013
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application