Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Graduate (taught masters)
Provider: University of Sussex
Country to Study in: UK
The University of Sussex Chancellor's International Scholarships support the best in global talent, offering financial assistance to exceptional students each year.
The scholarships are towards a Masters Degree in most fields of study offered at Sussex Schools in the UK. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic performance and potential.
The 2016 University of Sussex Chancellor's International Scholarships, available in the majority of Sussex Schools, are open to international non-EU students from around the world.
In order to be considered for a Chancellor's International Scholarship you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Have applied for and accepted a place to start a Postgraduate taught degree at the University of Sussex (e.g., MA, MSc, LLM, MRes, Postgraduate Diploma, and Graduate Diploma) excluding the degrees listed below (see 'Fields of study')
- Be assessed as liable to pay fees at the "overseas" (namely the non-EU) rate.
- Have sufficient funds to meet your tuition fees and living expenses, after taking account of the possible award of a Chancellor's International Scholarship.
- Intend to remain on the programme for which the scholarship is offered.
Awards are granted on the basis of academic merit and potential. Your application form will be marked using the scoring grid found on the official website. The selectors will pay special attention to information provided in the personal statement section of the form.
The scholarships are not awarded on the basis of financial need. Students who hold other University of Sussex scholarships will not be eligible for the Chancellors International Scholarship.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT the UK and EU countries)
University of Sussex in the UK
Fields of study
The scholarships are available in the majority of Sussex Schools for available postgraduate taught masters courses. All Postgraduate taught degrees (e.g., MA, MSc, LLM, MRes, Postgraduate Diploma, and Graduate Diploma) are eligible, EXCLUDING the following:
- Courses in the Institute of Development Studies, except the MA Gender and Development course
- MSc in Social Research Methods
- DPhil combined (1+3 degrees)
- International foundation years, postgraduate certificate, International Year One Diploma in Business and Management, and Pre-masters.
- Pre-Masters Degrees and Diplomas taught at partner colleges that are validated by Sussex
- MSc Automative Engineering (you should consult funding opportunities at the University of Brighton)
- Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Education
- Courses within the Brighton and Sussex Medical School
Up to twenty-five Scholarships are awarded each year
The scholarships are offered for one year (the duration of the degree programme), subject to satisfactory progress
The value of this award is 50% off International Student tuition fee.
Method of Application
To apply for this scholarship you must first have submitted your application to study through the University of Sussex online postgraduate application system. The scholarship application form can be downloaded from the "Files" Section found on the official webpage. When completed, you should return the form by email to email@example.com.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship, including to read through the 'Frequently Asked Questions'.
The closing date for applications to be received is 2nd May 2016 23:59:00 BST
Applications received after 2nd May 2016 will not be considered.
Notification to first choice and short-listed candidates would be made by 31 May. Notification to successful short-listed candidates if first choice candidates do not take up the scholarship would be after 3 July.
Students accepting a Chancellor's International Scholarship may be required to undertake occasional promotional or support duties for the University of Sussex at times agreed between the student and the University.
The University of Sussex is a public research university situated in Falmer, near Brighton in Sussex. The university received its Royal Charter in August 1961, and was a founding member of the 1994 Group of research-intensive universities promoting excellence in research and teaching. In the latest rankings, the university was placed 62nd in Europe and 140th in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015–16.
Application Deadline: 2 May 2016
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Scholarships in UK for International Students
Related: Sussex Fundings for Students (external site)