Course(s) Offered: Industry, commerce or public service
Course Level: Trainings, Non degree courses
Provider: ACU Development Fellowships Fund
Fellowships can be taken at: Any Country
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Titular Fellowships (funded by the ACU’s Development Fellowships Fund) aim to enable the universities of the Commonwealth to develop the human resources of their institutions and countries, through the interchange of people, knowledge, skills and technologies.
Founded by particular sponsors, each of the ACU Titular Fellowships is dedicated to a specific purpose.
They include Swansea University Fulton Fellowship, The Worshipful Company of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales Fellowship, Wighton Titular Fellowship in Engineering, University of Manitoba Fellowship, The George Weston Limited, Canada, Fellowship, University of Oxford Fellowship, The Jacky McAleer Memorial Fellowship, and The Gordon and Jean Southam Fellowship.
- be on the staff of, or a nominee of, an ACU member university or a Commonwealth inter-university organisation, or
- be working in industry, commerce or public service in a Commonwealth country, and
- be of proven high ability
Staff of member universities and employees of any Commonwealth Country
Except where specific institutions or countries of tenure are stipulated, Titular Fellowships are tenable:
- in any Commonwealth country (other than the applicant's home country)
- at either a university in ACU membership or in industry, commerce or public service
Fields of study
Priority subject areas:
Preference will be given to applicants in the following fields:
- Agriculture, forestry and food sciences
- Development strategies
- Earth and marine sciences
- Health and related social sciences
- Information technology
- Management for change
- Professional education and training
- Social and cultural development
- University development and management
Number of awards
Not specified by providers
Except where specific institutions or countries of tenure are stipulated, Titular Fellowships are tenable for up to a maximum of six months
Up to GBP 5,000 according to the actual programme, and intended to cover:
- one international return air fare
- in-country ground travel
- medical insurance
- board and lodging
- fees (where the approved programme includes a formal training programme)
Applications must be approved by the executive head (vice-chancellor, president or rector) of a university in ACU membership, or the head of the candidate’s firm/company. The ACU will also consider applications approved by the chief executive officer of a Commonwealth inter-university organisation.
Applications must include all relevant signatures and be converted to (and submitted in) PDF format. We will accept scanned copies of the relevant signature pages.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 1 July 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Fellowship Information and Application