Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Internships
Country to Study in: Any country
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) Internship Programme has been established for students from diverse academic backgrounds.
Its purpose is to promote a better understanding of the Organization's goals and objectives and, at the same time, to afford interns with an insight on how attempts are made to solve problems confronting developing economies in the area of industrialization.
The following criteria are used to determine eligibility for the Internship Programme:
- Age: The applicant should be aged between 21 and 35 years.
- Education: The applicant is a holder of a first university degree or equivalent and is enrolled in an advanced degree programme (second university degree or higher) at the time of application in the field relevant for UNIDO mandate.
If the applicant is pursuing studies within a system where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages, s/he must have completed at least 3 years of full-time studies at a university towards the completion of an advanced degree.
Individuals may apply up to two years after the completion of their master’s or doctorate degree.
- Languages: The applicant must possess a good working knowledge of English. Knowledge of other official United Nations languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Russian) is an asset.
- Nationality: Applicants who are nationals of UNIDO Member States have priority.
Nationals of UNIDO Member States.
Please note that as of 30 November 2011, 174 States are Members of UNIDO.
- Office of the Director-General (ODG)
- Office for Change and Organizational Renewal (O-COR)
- Programme Development and Technical Cooperation Division (PTC)
- Programme Support and General Management Division (PSM)
- Strategic Research, Quality Assurance and Advocacy Division (SQA)
Interested candidates are invited to access the links below and create a profile in order to apply for an internship position.
- Advocacy and Communications
- Business, Investment and Technology
- Conference Services
- Energy, Environment and Climate Change
- Legal Affairs
- Organizational Change Management
- Programme and Project Management and Evaluation
- Research and Statistics
- Trade Capacity-building
Not specified by provider
An internship lasts at least 3 to 6 months and can be extended up to 9 months.
Interns will receive practical experience on the work of UNIDO, or be able to conduct research on items of direct relevance to UNIDO's programme of work.
It is important to note that the intern does not receive any financial assistance. Costs and arrangements for travel, visa, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the intern, or his/her nominating or sponsoring institutions (if applicable).
Method of Application
Applications should be submitted no earlier than 6 months and no later than 3 months before the start of the intended period. Applications without a valid undergraduate university diploma as well as certificate of enrollment in an advanced degree programme (second-level university degree or higher) will not be considered.
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
There is NO fixed deadline date(s) for applications. However, ALL applications must be submitted no earlier than 6 months and no later than 3 months before the start of the intended period. This is a rolling deadline date.
Each applicant will receive an automatic confirmation of application receipt. Should your profile fit the available openings, you will be contacted within 6 months from the date of submission.
Requests for further information should be addressed to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Rolling
Open to International students: Yes
More Internship Information and Application