Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Graduate (masters)
Provider: Tilburg University
Country to Study in: Netherlands
Tilburg University or TiU, a public research university in the Netherlands, specializes in the social and behavioral sciences, economics, law, business sciences, theology and the humanities.
The Tilburg University Excellence Scholarships are now open to non-EU and non-EEA international students. The scholarships are awarded towards any Masters Degree Programme offered at the University.
For the academic year 2014-2015 TiU has scholarships available for excellent international students who are admitted to a Master's program at the University (MA, MSc or LLM).
To qualify for a Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence, you must fulfill the following admission requirements, in addition to the regular requirements for admission to a Master's program:
- Candidates must have been (unconditionally) admitted to one of the graduate programs at Tilburg University for the academic year 2014-2015
- Candidates must have achieved excellent study results in their relevant (under) graduate program. As an indication, the student must have graduated with an average result of at least 8 (out of 10) or must be among the top 10% of their class
- Candidates must hold a non-EU/EEA passport
- Candidates should fill in the Scholarship Application Form
- Candidates must be newly enrolled at Tilburg University
On the basis of the following selection criteria, the selection committee of each school will select the recipients of the Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence:
- The academic results in the relevant (under)graduate program
- The quality and content of the Scholarship Application Form
- The language test score
Citizens of ALL countries (i.e. all non-EU and also non-EEA students)
Tilburg University, Tilburg; Southern Netherlands
Fields of study
Any Master's program (MA, MSc or LLM) offered at the University
Number of awards
The school has 40 scholarships available for the academic year 2014-2015
Tilburg University Scholarships for Academic Excellence are awarded for one academic year. Please note, however, that candidates applying for one of the Research Master programs will have to apply for the scholarship again for their second year of their Research Master program.
The Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence includes:
- A scholarship of € 5000 for living expenses;
- A partial tuition waiver of up to € 10,000 which means students will only pay a tuition fee of € 2,500
To apply for a Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence you should:
- Download the "Scholarship Application Form" from the official website (link to it is below)
- State in the application form that you graduated with an average result of at least 8 (out of 10) in a relevant (under)graduate program, by providing your calculated GPA and/or proof that you belong to the top 10% of your class
- Send the "Scholarship Application Form" together with your "Application for the Master’s program" before the Scholarship deadline stated below.
A requested documents (Scholarship Application Form" together with your "Application for the Master’s program) must be submitted to TiU before the 1st of April, 2014.
Students starting their program in February 2015 are also eligible for the Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence, but do need to meet the deadline of 1 April 2014.
All Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence applicants will be informed about the outcome of the Scholarship Selection Committee of their School by May 2014.
Tilburg University is a public research university in the southern part of the Netherlands. TiU has been a reliable provider of high-quality education and research for more than eighty years. It seeks to make a structural contribution to society.
Application Deadline: 1 April 2014
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Top Scholarships in the Netherlands for International Students