Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Graduate (internships, fellowships)
Provider: German Companies
Country to Study in: Germany
In 2008, the initiative AFRIKA KOMMT! (AFRICA IS COMING!) was called into being by 19 leading German enterprises – the very first joined initiative for capacity building by German industry. It aims at young highly qualified professionals from Sub-saharan African countries with several years of work experience on the job and in some cases already holding a leading position.
After the successful completion of the first run, the German companies have decided to continue with AFRIKA KOMMT!
Welcome! You can now apply for the new AFRIKA KOMMT! programme 2013 – 2015.
General Entrance Qualifications:
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Engineering and Banking, Communication/Media, HR, Law, Sales, Marketing; Postgraduate Degree (MBA) is an advantage
- Usually 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Preferably basic knowledge of the German language
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome
Highly-qualified, young professionals and junior executives from Sub-Saharan Africa with great enthusiasm, high motivation and intercultural competencies.
It is specifically targeted towards young professionals from countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and aims at creating a win-win situation for both sides.
Partner Companies for the 2013 - 2015 AFRIKA KOMMT! programme are:
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Commerzbank AG
- Continental AG
- Daimler AG
- Deutsche Bahn AG
- E.ON Ruhrgas
- Merck KGaA
- SAP AG
- ThyssenKrupp AG
- Volkswagen AG
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
The purpose of the programme is the qualification of young professionals and junior executives in international management competencies. During a twelve-month stay in Germany, a nine-month internship in one of the participating companies forms the core of the programme.
NOTE that graduates of Economics, Business Administration, Engineering and Banking, Communication/Media, HR, Law, Sales, and Marketing can all apply.
The programme will be conducted in German.
Number of awards
Not specified. Inquire from providers
Twelve (12) months
The practical training gives participants the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of management practice and to participate in economic, social and organisational change processes and will enable them to establish a network between cooperation partners from their home companies and German companies.
Objectives of the programme
- become acquainted with the functioning of and working processes in German enterprises
- know the potentials of the German economy and are capable of estimating the potentials of cooperation with their home countries
- broaden their know-how and management competencies and are able to initiate and implement change processes
- reflect working and living conditions in their home countries based on their experiences in Germany
- contribute to mutual learning processes between Germans and themselves
- establish a network of cooperation partners for German companies in their home countries
Applications can only be submitted through the online application system.
Please find further information in the AFRIKA KOMMT! 2013 – 2015 programme Announcement.
Deadline for applications is 15 December 2012.
The Programme Directors will gladly answer all your questions about AFRIKA KOMMT!
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH
7.12 / Regionales Zentrum Nordrhein-Westfalen
Frau Lydia Jebauer-Nirschl
40213 Düsseldorf, Germany
Fon: +49 (0)211 – 8689 - 166
Fax: +49 (0)211 – 8689 - 151
Application Closing date: 15 December 2012
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Africans)
More Fellowship Information and Application(remember to click on the 'ENGLISH' button)
Related: Scholarships in Germany for International Students