Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters)
Provider: CP, AN, ISH
Country to Study in: UK
The scholarships exist to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who wish to further develop their skills and knowledge in their specific field.
It is co-funded by the CP Charitable Trust (CP), Allan and Nesta Ferguson (AN), and the International Student House (ISH).
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation at the time of application.
- The candidate must have made an application and been accepted to UCL to study for a full-time postgraduate programme at the Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- The scheme offers a substantial scholarship towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation and some living costs. The candidate must also be able to provide evidence that he/she has secured other sources of funding for traveling to and from the UK.
Targeted to African nationals and permanent residents of Africa
Institute for Global Health (formerly Centre for International Health and Development), University College London; UK
Fields of study
Any fulltime postgraduate programme offered at the UCL Institute for Global Health
Number of awards
Not specified by provider
The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September-September.
The amount awarded will be dependent on the individual candidate. Payment of the Scholarship is made in the form of a deduction from tuition fees at the start of the academic session and by cheques in regular intervals throughout the academic year to pay for food, transport and daily expenses. Accommodation is also paid by the scholarship.
Note carefully that in the event that a successful scholarship candidate is unable to obtain a UK visa on time before the start of the degree programme, the scholarship will not be reserved for them for the following academic year. They will have to reapply.
Method of Application
Candidates are required to complete a scholarship application form. You may download this form from the official website (link found below).
Candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application forms with the following documentation:
- Two reference letters. (Preferably one professional and one academic reference). Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper with a signature and must be signed across the seal of the envelope to ensure confidentiality.
- Where possible, a copy of the UCL unconditional offer letter for the relevant academic year that the scholarship is intended for.
- A current CV.
- A letter confirming current employment status.
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for higher education and professional training.
- A detailed personal statement explaining why the applicant wishes to come and study their chosen programme and how the scholarship funding will assist them in contributing to their specific field.
- Proof of funding status including evidence that they have applied to other funding bodies for the additional expenses. If any additional funding has been obtained, the applicant must provide evidence of this in the form of a signed letter from the funding organisation stating the additional sponsorship/scholarship amount in sterling. If the funding comes from personal resources, copies of official bank statements showing the balance of funds must be submitted.
Paloma Garcia Paredes
UCL Centre for International Health and Development
Institute of Child Health
30 Guilford Street
London WC1N 1EH
If submitting your application form by email please complete the document on-line in its original format and email it back to the administrator as one document. Please do not submit individual scanned pages of the application form unless there is a particular page that requires a signature.
Applications for the African Graduate Scholarships are now open. The deadline for IGH to receive applications is May 10th, 2013. Candidates must submit their scholarship application to thescholarship committee by the deadline date.
Please read the Guidelines and Application Procedures (link found on the official website) before applying to this scholarship.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you have any further queries.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 10 May 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application