Publication Date: 5th September, 2012
Deadline Date: 6 weeks from date of publication
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) a major player in the Nigerian and International Oil and Gas Industry in Nigeria is looking to bring on board dynamic and ambitious young graduates and experienced professionals who will create a strategic springboard to maximize the benefits accruable Nigeria and Nigerians from the Oil and Gas Industry.
Successful candidates can look forward to a challenging, culturally diverse and team based workplace. This is in addition to exceptional development opportunities and competitive total reward package offered by the Corporation.
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements for the above positions and are interested in pursuing a career with NNPC, please complete the online application form and upload your CV and credentials.
As part of your application process, you will be required to enter an email address and password for registration on the NNPC recruitment website. You can then use these credentials to log in through the Login Form provided for further instructions.
Graduate Trainees (References No: GT01)Successful candidates will work as part of a team, learning and contributing to the achievement of business goals and departmental bottom line; Focus on personal and professional development; succeed at the Foundation Skills Training and the Initial Professional Development Programmes; Develop into a well rounded technical professional within 3-5 years.
Qualification and Area of Interest
Candidates should possess a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper Degree or Second Class Lower with a good Masters Degree in the following areas:
- Science: Geology, Geophysics, Computer Science, Physics, Surveying and Mathematics.
- Engineering: Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Environmental, Pipeline, Marine Engineering.
- Business/Finance: Business Administration, Accounting, Banking and Finance, Insurance, etc.
- Social Sciences: Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Human Resources etc.
- Art/Humanities: Mass Communication, English, History, etc.
- Medical and Health Science: Radiography, Laboratory Science, Occupational Health, and Nursing (RN, SRN)
Candidates must have completed the mandatory NYSC program by October 2012.
Good leadership traits, verbal and written communication and computer skills.
Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills and have ability to do well in a multi disciplinary and culturally diverse workplace.
Trainee Operators Reference No: TO/01BThe successful and selected candidates will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of assigned plants on a shift basis.
- Operate the process and service units within the prescribed limits and standards to achieve production targets.
- Execute on a daily basis, routine and non-routine operations for the assigned area taking due care to implement all HSE considerations for the activity.
- Prepare equipment for maintenance in accordance with appropriate procedures
- Participate in shutdowns
- Manage process and service unit’s start-ups and shutdowns competently without affecting units that are to remain online.
- Undertake constant evaluation of plant-operating conditions and promptly resolve abnormalities.
- Ensure effective start-off-shift orientation and shift handover.
The right candidates should:
- Possess a National Diploma (ND)/HND with a minimum of Upper Credit in Chemical, process, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Have graduated in the last 5 years
- Not more than 29 years old
- Must have completed NYSC programme by October 2012 (if applicable)
- NNPC 2012 Recruitment Portal
No paper application will be accepted.
Applicants are to submit only ONE application as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
NNPC will not be responsible for applications submitted on any other website.
All applications must be received within 6 weeks from the date of this publication.
Applicants are to indicate Job Reference for the position they wish to apply for (applicable to Experienced Professionals).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No payment whatsoever is required for submission of employment applications to NNPC
If you encounter any issues while using this site please send an email to email@example.com.
Do NOT send your application or CV to this email as only applications completed on this portal are valid.
TO APPLY: Visit http://recruitment.nnpcgroup.com/