MIGA Doctors in Training Grants Program
Course(s) Offered: Medicine
Course Level: Graduate (specialist training)
Provider: The Medical Insurance Group
Country to Study in: Any country
As a doctor in training, a benefit of insuring with MIGA is the opportunity it gives you to apply for a Doctors in Training (DIT) Grant.
The DIT Grants Program provides funding to assist doctors in training whilst pursuing specialist training opportunities in Australia and abroad. Funds are provided to assist doctors meet the expenses associated with this additional training.
The 2013 DIT Grants Program is open to doctors in Australia who are:
- Insured with MIGA at the time of Application and funding of the Grant
- Enrolled in and undertaking an accredited training program with an Australian Medical College or Society, or who have completed their College or Society training program within the last two years
- Seeking to undertake a Training Program or Placement that is beyond the training prescribed through their College or Society.
Grants will be judged on merit and awarded to Applicants deemed as submitting the most outstanding Applications.
A citizen of ANY country, who is in specialty training either in Australia or abroad.
Fields of study
Any specialist training in the field of medicine. Examples of eligible training opportunities:
- Post graduate study in an area relevant to the doctor's service to their local community
- Indigenous community placements
- Placements with volunteer organisations (e.g. Médecins Sans Frontières)
- Undertaking research in a specific area of medicine
- Pursuit of advanced training which is in addition to that provided within the doctor's accredited College or Society training program.
Four (4) individual DIT grants are awarded each year. Whether all four Grants are awarded or not will be subject to MIGA receiving suitable Applications which meet MIGA's selection criteria.
This is a ONE-TIME grant assistance to eligible doctors
There will be individual DIT Grants of $5,000 per recipient.
The funding is intended to assist doctors meet the costs incurred in pursuing their training opportunity. Cost may include travel, accomodation, Program fees, etc.
Method of Application
Interested? Believe you are eligible for this grant?
To apply for the 2014 DIT Grant, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Complete the DIT Grants Program 'Application Form' from the official website (link to it is below)
- Prepare any additional information - this is an opportunity to strengthen your Application and MIGA strongly encourages you to include supporting documents
- Submit your Application and any supporting material by the deadline date below, in hard copy to:
MIGA DIT Grants Program
GPO Box 2048
ADELAIDE SA 5001
All your Application Form, including any supporting materials, must have been duly submitted and received by MIGA no later than 5.00pm (CDT) Friday, 7 November 2014, in hard copy.
It is important the note the following key dates of the Program:
- Applications open on Monday, 5 May 2014.
- Your Application Form must be received by MIGA no later than the deadline date above.
- Recipients of the Grants will be decided by Friday, 12 December 2014 and advised after this date.
- You must commence your Training Program by 31 July 2015 and your Grant must be paid by MIGA to you by 30 October 2015.
MIGA provides medical indemnity insurance and associated services to doctors, medical students and corporate entities across Australia.
Application Deadline: 7 November 2014
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Australia for International Students