Study Subjects: Any field
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate (masters, PGD, PGCert, research, PhD, professional)
Scholarship Provider: LMU
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
The Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Program at London Metropolitan University has been set up to honour the major political and spiritual leader of India, who is officially honoured in India as the Father of the Nation.
The minimum academic requirements to be a serious contender for the scholarships would be as follows:
- 80% or above in Class X
- 80% or above in Class XII
- First class Bachelors degree from a good Indian University, or a Masters degree from a good Indian University
- IELTS band of overall 7.5
The scholarship will be awarded annually to the most outstanding Indian postgraduate student coming to London Met on the basis of excellent academic performance in India.
The recipient must also demonstrate the potential for leadership and social change as exemplified by Gandhi.
Only students of Indian nationality
London Metropolitan University, UK
Fields of study
Any postgraduate field at the LMU, including:
- Postgraduate taught courses: Postgraduate taught courses leading to qualifications such as MA, MSc, MBA, DMS, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate if you want to study beyond Bachelor level.
- Postgraduate research degrees: Research opportunities through our Research Institutes or through academic departments and leading to qualifications such as MPhil and PhD.
- Professional courses: Professional taught courses leading to qualifications from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and Institute of Credit Management.
Three - One for full tuition; and two for 50% partial tuition
Whole duration of programme
The scholarship program supports one Indian student and covers the tuition fees for a Masters programme at London Metropolitan University. Additionally, the university will support two Indian students with a 50% reduction in tuition fees.
Method of Application
Students applying for the Mahatma Gandhi Scholarships must hold an unconditional offer on one of our postgraduate courses.
Students may fill in the application form (.doc) and forward their application to our India Office in Delhi (also see 'Contact' below).
NOTE: The application deadline is 30th June.
- Students short-listed for the awards will be invited to come to Delhi Gandhi Smriti for one day for selection.
- This will consist of a group discussion with the panel, then a 6 minute presentation from each candidate, followed by questions.
London Metropolitan University
Liaison Office (Delhi)
Office no. 711, 7th Floor
24, Barakhamba Road
Connaught Place, New Delhi-110001
Tel: +91 (0) 11 4351 5601
Tel: +91 (0) 11 4351 5602
Tel: +91 (0) 11 4351 5606
Fax: +91 (0) 11 4351 5603
Scholarship Application Deadline: 30th June (annually)
Scholarship Open to International students: No (ONLY Indians)
More Scholarship Information and Application