Essay(s) Offered: Dreams, Ideas
Essay Level: Youths worldwide
Provider: Goi Peace Foundation, UNESCO, etc
Country to Write in: Any country
What kind of future do you wish to create for yourself and the world? The Goi Peace Foundation UNESCO International Essay Contest for Young People offers you the opportunity to share your dream and ideas for making it a reality. Plus monies to be won.
The Goi Peace Foundation and UNESCO are offering an International Essay Contest for young people around the world. The international Essay contest is aimed to enable young people develop their full potential, as they are crucial for the shaping of our future.
UNESCO’s objective is to help empower young people, reaching out to them, responding to their expectations and ideas, and fostering useful and long-lasting skills.
Essay Guidelines / Eligibility
This annual essay contest is guided as below:
1). Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2016) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14); AND b) Youth (ages 15 - 25)
2). Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title. Essays may be typed or printed.
3). Essays must have a cover page indicating:
(a) category (Children or Youth) (b) essay title (c) your name (d) address (e) phone number (f) e-mail (g) nationality (h) age as of June 15, 2016 (i) gender (j) school name (if applicable) (k) word count.
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group.
Please enclose a list of participants' names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
* Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
* Please note that the organizer is unable to confirm receipt of essays or answer individual inquiries concerning contest results.
4). Entries may be submitted by postal mail or online.
* IMPORTANT: To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page and follow the required steps.
5). Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
6). Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
7). Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
Citizens of ANY nationality or country worldwide
"Education to Build a Better Future for All"
We live in a world with many complex problems, both local and global. What kind of education and learning would help us address these challenges and create a sustainable world and a better life for all? Describe your concrete ideas for an ideal education.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize (for 1 entrant): Certificate and prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$880 as of February 2016)
- 2nd Prize (for 2 entrants): Certificate and prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$440 as of February 2016)
- 3rd Prize (for 5 entrants): Certificate and gift
- Honorable Mention (for 25 entrants): Certificate and gift
* Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
* All prize winners will be announced by the end of October 2016 on the Goi Peace Foundation web site (www.goipeace.or.jp). Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2016
Method of Application
Entries may be submitted by postal mail or online. To submit by post, send entries to:
International Essay Contest c/o The Goi Peace Foundation; 1-4-5 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093 Japan. OR, to submit online, send entries via the online registration page and follow the required steps.
For the essay submission deadline, entries must be received by June 15, 2016 (23:59 your local time)
The organizer is unable to confirm receipt of essays or answer individual inquiries concerning contest results. This annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, imagination and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
Application Deadline: 15 June 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Essay Writing Competitions for Students