Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate (college, university)
Provider: Talbots Charitable Foundation Inc.
Country to Study in: USA
In keeping with its tradition of serving the community, the Talbots Charitable Foundation is proud to offer the 2012 Talbots Scholarship Program for women pursuing a college degree later in life. Since its inception in 1997, the program has awarded more than $1 million in scholarships.
This year, the Talbots Scholarship Program will award $200,000 in scholarships for the 2012 academic year, including 17 $10,000 scholarships. It will also present the $30,000 Nancy Talbot Scholarship Award, named in honor of the founder of Talbots and granted to one extraordinary finalist who demonstrates courage, conviction and an insatiable entrepreneurial spirit.
The Talbots Scholarship Program is funded by the Talbots Charitable Foundation Inc., an IRS recognized 501 (c) charitable organization. The Foundation serves the community by providing financial assistance to nonprofit organizations supporting the education, health and cultural enrichment of women.
Applicants to the 2012 Talbots Scholarship Program must:
- Be women currently residing in the United States or Canada.
- Be women who have earned a high school diploma or their GED on or before September 2001.
- Be enrolled or plan to enroll in a full or part-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited 2- or 4-year college or university.
- Be attending the full 2012-13 academic year and receiving a degree no earlier than May 2013.
- Have at least two semesters (24 credit hours or more) remaining to complete an undergraduate degree as of the beginning of the 2012 fall academic term.
Women of any nationality who meet up with the eligibility requirements above
Any approved college or university in the United States
Fields of study
Number of awards
Seventeen (17) $10,000 scholarships and one $30,000 Nancy Talbot Scholarship Award.
The Foundation has helped over 600 women pursue their educational dreams since its inception in 1997.
Since 1997, the program has awarded over $1 million to deserving women ranging in age from their late 20s to 60s. The program empowers women to pursue their dreams of a college degree later in life.
Not specified by provider
The Talbots Scholarship Program will award $200,000 in college scholarships for the 2012 academic year, including seventeen $10,000 scholarships and one $30,000 Nancy Talbot Scholarship Award, presented in memory of the founder of Talbots.
These scholarships are given to women demonstrating courage, conviction and an insatiable entrepreneurial spirit.
Our 2012 Talbots Scholarship recipients will receive the following:
- A $10,000 or $30,000 scholarship.
- A Talbots Gift Card, donated by Talbots.
- The Reinvention Resumé Plus eKit, a step-by-step tool to develop resumés and cover letters.
We're sorry, the application process for the 2012 academic year is now closed.
Please come back and visit the site in April to meet the recipients! You can support the scholarship program by purchasing our limited edition Quotable Tote, which is available in select stores.
The Talbots Inc.
Application Deadline: May 2012
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Top USA Scholarships for Africans and Other Developing Countries