Course(s) Offered: Nursing, Midwifery
Course Level: Graduate (Masters, PG Cert, PG Diploma)
Provider: RGU School of Nursing & Midwifery
Country to Study in: UK
The School of Nursing & Midwifery at Robert Gordon University is pleased to offer Merit Scholarships to outstanding students who wish to study at the School for the academic year 2012-2013.
The School of Nursing & Midwifery's Merit Scholarships are awarded to students who wish to study a taught postgraduate degree at the School from September 2012.
All applicants must:
- Have an offer of a place to study on a taught postgraduate degree within the School of Nursing & Midwifery.
- Be an international student paying fees at the international rate, or
- Be a Home/EU student on a full cost course
The School will assess all applications against the following criteria:
- Evidence that the course you are applying for is suitable for your professional practice and or development. This should include reference to your career path to date and where you hope it will lead by achieving the degree. It should also include how you anticipate the benefits of studying for this degree will have on patient outcome in the future. This should be contained in your written supporting statement;
- Previous academic record and your suitability for postgraduate study within the School. This can be demonstrated by:
- Class of degree/ final score of first degree
- Relevance of your first degree to the course you are applying for
- The standing of the previous academic institution attended
- Any prizes or awards given to you in your first degree
- In the event that 2 applications are scored identically and only one award is available, the panel will award the scholarship to the first application received, using the date of receipt in the University as the relevant date
Citizens of ALL countries may apply
School of Nursing and Midwifery; Robert Gordon University; Aberdeen. UK
Fields of study
Listed below are eligible courses for the School of Nursing & Midwifery Merit Scholarship:
- M Nursing (Nurse Led Practice) PgCert/PgDip/Masters
- Advanced Clinical Practice PGCert/PGDip/MSc
Two (2) scholarships will be awarded
For the whole duration of the programme
All scholarships are awarded in the form of a discount on fees paid. Each scholarship award is worth £1500 and are available for the 2012-2013 academic session.
Method of Application
Please note that in order to be considered for a scholarship, you must already hold an offer of a place to study on an eligible course at the School commencing in September 2012; you must therefore ensure that your application for a place is submitted well in advance.
Please download and completely fill in the Merit Scholarship Application Form 2012-2013 from the official website. You should return it to the school by post, fax or as a scanned copy by e-mail.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
RGU must receive your completed application prior to the closing date of 12 October 2012.
No late applications will be considered and the decision of the panel is final.
Decisions will be announced in December 2011; and successful applicants will be informed in the first instance by email.
Applicants will be required to respond by email to accept the offer. A formal scholarship offer letter will then be issued and despatched by post. Failure to accept the offer will lead to the scholarship offer being withdrawn and offered to an alternative applicant.
A scholarship will be withdrawn if:
- You fail to accept the offer within the time permitted.
- Your scholarship or University application is found to contain incomplete or inaccurate information.
- You are found to have committed academic misconduct once enrolled at the University
- You are found to have committed non-academic misconduct once enrolled at the University
- You defer your offer of a place, suspend your studies, withdraw from the University or are suspended or withdrawn from the University
- You fail to make payment for fees due to the University within 23 days of the due date
- In the event that a scholarship is withdrawn, you will need to pay the full fees due for your course
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Nursing Scholarships for International Students