Study Subjects: Any available field
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate (bachelors)
Scholarship Provider: University of Surrey
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
The University of Surrey offer scholarships to International undergraduate students who select the University of Surrey as their firm choice or excel at sports.
Note that in addition to the scholarships at Surrey (listed below), Study & Scholarships also brings to your knowledge relevant European and International scholarships you may find useful, toward sponsoring your study at Surrey.
Chancellor’s Scholarships 2012/13DESCRIPTION: The University of Surrey has introduced merit-based scholarships, the Chancellor’s Scholarships, to recognise exceptional academic achievement for the academic year 2012/13.
Our scholarships are available to those candidates who select the University of Surrey as their firm choice and they are open to home, EU and international students.
To be eligible for a Chancellor’s Scholarship, you must enter the University in 2012 and have achieved the following grades or higher:
- A*AA at A-level (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) or
- A*A*B at A-level (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) or
- 36 points in the International Baccalaureate or
- D3, D3, D3 in the principal subjects of the Cambridge Pre-U or
- Distinction*, Distinction, Distinction in the BTEC QCF Extended Diploma
The value of our Chancellor’s Scholarship is £3,000 for the first year of your studies (2012/13) plus free membership of Surrey Sports Park for the duration of your course.
NOTE: Payment: Payment will be made in two equal instalments, to be paid in December 2012 and March 2013.
Sports ScholarshipsOur Sports Scholarships recognise exceptional achievement by high calibre athletes and complement our state-of-the-art sports facilities at Surrey Sports Park.
To be eligible for a Sports Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Achieve the required academic entry standard for your chosen degree course
- Continue to meet the academic standards of your course throughout your time at Surrey in order to remain on the scholarship programme
- Be an internationally recognised athlete in a sport that is recognised by at least one of the major British sporting organisations: British Universities and College Sports (BUCS), UK Sport and Sport England. If not, you must be on a National Governing Body (NGB) performance pathway programme.
The scholarships will be tailored to your individual needs and will normally have a total value of £3,000 per year, with a maximum of £1,000 paid directly to you.
The remaining amount can be used towards a number of University services such as accommodation and bus passes, and also on a range of Sports Performance Services such as physiotherapy, sports psychology and equipment.
You will also benefit from free, full membership of Surrey Sports Park and may also receive further support through Team Surrey’s High Performance Athlete Support Scheme.
Dangoor ScholarshipsThe University participates in the Eliahou Dangoor Scholarship Scheme, which provides up to 30 scholarships of £1000 to eligible full-time undergraduate students joining the University in 2012 and studying on programmes in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, to support them in their first year of study. For further information, contact the Student Fees and Funding Office by emailing email@example.com.
If you have any questions, contact us:
T: +44 (0)1483 689 373
Scholarship Application Deadline: Varies
Scholarship Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application