Course(s) Offered: All available fields
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: UCL, UWC, ISH
Country to Study in: UK
University College London (UCL), United World Colleges (UWC) and International Student House (ISH) have agreed to collaborate in a scheme - the UCL - United World Colleges and International Student House Scholarship for students who are UWC graduates.
This scholarship scheme is to enable graduates of UWC, who are financially unable to study in the UK, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies at UCL.
With this scholarship scheme UCL supports the aims of UWC to make education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future. A limited number of scholarships are available annually for UWC-nominated students who have firmly accepted their UCL admissions offer.
- be a final-year IB Diploma student attending a United World College (or completed their studies in the preceding calendar year - candidates from Waterford Kamhlaba UWC only);
- apply for admission through UCAS by the January deadline for a full-time undergraduate degree programme of study at UCL and firmly accept your UCL offer;
- be assessed as paying overseas tuition fees, and
- lack the financial means necessary to pursue undergraduate degree studies at UCL.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial hardship and academic merit, based on the aims of the scholarship.
Citizens of ANY country (BUT a UWC student or graduate)
University College London
Fields of study
All available undergraduate course programs at UCL
Number of study
Two scholarships are available annually
Each scholarship will cover your period of study for three years (or four years for a four-year programme of study). Annual renewal of the scholarship is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
The scholarships will consist of:
- full tuition fees;
- maintenance allowance of £7,000 per year, for three years (consideration could be made for four-year programme - you must state this in your scholarship application);
- free accommodation in a standard of twin room at International Student House for up to three years (40 weeks contact per year) with the possibility of an extension into the fourth year where required;
- reinbursement of Tier 4 Visa application costs;
- international economy air travel to/from the UK (with reasonable baggage costs) at the beginning and end of the award holders degree programme.
You must apply for admission to UCL to be eligible to apply for the scholarship. To apply for admission into an academic course program at UCL, click here.
Application for the scholarship is available exclusively from UWC Counsellors. Taking into account the financial circumstances of their students, UWC Counsellors will invite up to three eligible students from each UWC to apply for the scholarship. If you fulfil all the eligibility criteria listed above, you may wish to inform your UWC Counsellors that you are interested in being invited to apply. Complete applications and essays must be submitted electronically to the UWC Counsellors before the deadline date below.
UCL will select the two academically most promising candidates to be offered a scholarship, subject to fulfilling the conditions of the UCL offer of admission.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Complete applications and essays must be submitted electronically to the UWC Counsellors before 10 February 2017
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered for funding. Your application is deemed incomplete without a valid UCAS application number.
Successful applicants and reserve candidates will be notified by mid-May.
All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.
University College London is a public research university in London, England and a constituent college of the federal University of London. It is considered to be one of the most prestigious universities in the world and ranks highly in both national and international league tables.
Founded in 1826 as London University, UCL was the first university institution established in London and the first in England to be entirely secular, to admit students regardless of their religion, and to admit women on equal terms with men.
Application Deadline: 10 February 2017
Open to International Students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Top Bachelor Degree Scholarships for International Students