Study Subject: any field (see 'Fields of Study' below)
Scholarship Level: masters
Scholarship Provider: University of Helsinki
Scholarships can be taken at: Finland
The University of Helsinki is giving about 50 start-up grants to qualified students who are accepted to study in an International Master’s Degree Programme. The amount of each grant will be €1000 to €1500 euro. The grants are not meant to cover living expenses, but is hoped that the little extra money helps new students to settle in Helsinki. Thus, University of Helsinki is offering Master’s Degree Scholarship Programme in form of International Student Grant in 2012.
Fields of Study
The International Student Grant is available for students who are admitted in 2012 into the programmes below:
- Adult Education and Developmental Work Research
- Algorithms and Machine Learning
- Art Theory, Criticism and Management
- Atmosphere-Biosphere Studies
- Bayesian Statistics and Decision Analysis
- Democracy and Global Transformations
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Ethnic Relations, Cultural Diversity and Integration
- European Studies
- Food Sciences
- Forest Sciences and Business
- Forestry and Environmental Engineering
- Information and Communications Technology
- Intercultural Encounters
- Media and Global Communication
- Multidisciplinary Studies on Urban Environmental Issues
- Networking and Services
- International Business Law and Public International Law
- Plant Production Science
- Religious Roots of Europe
- Social Sciences
- Space Sciences
- Theological Work in Church and Society
- Translational Medicine
- You are eligible for the scholarship grant as soon as you have accepted placement and registered for studies at the University of Helsinki.
- In addition, you have to make your personal study plan (HOPS) during the first period of the autumn term, get it authorized by your department and start you studies according to the plan.
- Students who are Finnish citizens or who reside in Finland are not eligible for the grant.
The University of Helsinki has only one application period per year for graduate students (Bachelor degree holders applying for a Master’s programme). The next application period (for studies starting in the early autumn of 2012) begins in late November 2011 and closes on January 31, 2012 (Deadline). All graduate applicants register through University Admissions Finland’s My UAF registration service.
As a rule, students who are applying for graduate (Master’s) studies do not participate in entrance examinations. They are accepted through direct admission. Direct admission is based on the content, scope and quality of the applicant’s previous degree and as well as on the resources of the department and/or major subject in question. Another area in focus is the applicant’s language proficiency.
Specific Country Requirements
Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon: If your degree is awarded in Nigeria, Ghana or Cameroon, an original official transcript of records sealed by the university must be sent directly from your university to University Admissions Finland in an official envelope of the university. Visit link below for general requirements.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2012
Open to International Applicants: Yes
Resource: Application procedure
More Scholarship Information and Application