Course(s) Offered: Several
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: Bournemouth University
Country to Study in: UK
The BU International Scholarship is offered to international applicants for BU undergraduate (Bachelor) degrees beginning in September 2013.
You will be eligible to apply for a BU Undergraduate International Scholarship if you can demonstrate an outstanding academic profile relevant to your course.
To qualify to apply:
- You must be able to demonstrate an exceptional academic profile (equivalent to 3 Grade As at UK ′A′ Level as assessed by NARIC)
- You must be able to demonstrate an outstanding personal profile as evidenced in your personal statement.
- You must achieve a 60% pass mark year on year to qualify to continue to receive this scholarship.
All applicants classified as 'overseas' for fee purposes are eligible to apply i.e. all international students except those from UK/EU
Bournemouth University, in the UK
Fields of Study
Applicants for all three or four year full-time undergraduate (Bachelors) courses in the following Schools may apply:
- School of Applied Sciences
- Business School
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing
- School of Health & Social Care*
- The Media School
- School of Tourism.
Number of awards
Every year, several scholarships are awarded. The current year is as follows:
- School of Applied Sciences - 5 scholarships
- Business School - 5 scholarships
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing - 10 scholarships
- School of Health & Social Care - 5 scholarships
- The Media School - 1 in every 3 applicants
- School of Tourism - 10 scholarships
This is a reduction in tuition fee
£1000 payable for each academic year of the course* (where an academic profile of 60% or over is achieved in continuation years). Excluding work placement and repeat years.
*School of Health & Social Care - £3,000 per year
School of Tourism - £2,000 per year
Method of Application
To apply, you may download the BU Scholarship Application Form. For complete and detailed information on this award, and also to download the Application Form, it is essential to visit the official web site (link to it is below).
The deadline for applications is 31 May 2013.
You can apply at the same time that you submit your UCAS application or any time after. Late applications may be considered if all scholarships have not been awarded by the deadline.
You will be notified if your application is successful by 30 June 2013.
All scholarship application forms must be returned to the address below and not to UCAS:
askBU Students Service
The Base, Poole House
Fern Barrow, Poole
Forms can also be scanned and emailed to: askBUstudents@bournemouth.ac.uk
Scholarship Application Deadline: 31 May 2013
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application