Study Subject(s): Biotechnology
Course Level: Postgraduate (PhD, research, fellowship)
Scholarship Provider: TWAS Italy; DBT India
Scholarship can be taken at: India
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of the Ministry of Science and Technology, India, and TWAS, Italy have instituted a postgraduate fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in Biotechnology, tenable at key biotechnology research institutions in India for a period of up to five years. The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these research fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 30 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in science or engineering.
- Be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment there.
- Be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (sample is included in the application form).
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships: Be willing to register at a university in India. Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India (see sample Acceptance Letter included in the application form).
Nationals of any developing country (other than India)
Fields of study
NOTE: Applicants may be registered for a PhD degree in their home country, or may enrol in a PhD course at a host laboratory/institute in India. However, candidates are free to choose an Indian biotechnology institution that does not appear on the list.
Number of awards
Not specified but several are available
TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at key biotechnology research institutions in India for a period of up to five years
DBT will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, the fellowship holder will receive a house rent allowance.
Method of Application
Download the PG Application Form and PG Application Guidelines.
Before applying it is recommended that you read very carefully the application guidelines for detailed information on eligibility criteria, deadlines and other key requirements of the application procedure.
- TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 224559
- Dr. (Mrs.) Ganga Radhakrishnan FRSC Honorary Director
Centre for International Cooperation in Science (CICS), Formerly CCSTDS
No 2, Gandhi Mandapam Road
Chennai 600 025, India
Phone: + 91 44 24430228
Fax: +91 44 24914543
Scholarship Open to International Applicants: Yes (ONLY developing country students)
Resource (Gen Information): TWAS Fellowships for Postgraduate Research
More Scholarship Information and Application
Was above article useful? Please share: