Study Subject: Education, Technology, Culture and Economics
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate (Masters, PhD, research)
Scholarship Provider: Chinese Government
Scholarships can be taken at: China (Nanjing University)
From the year 2008 under approval of the Ministry of Education of China, Nanjing University will start to offer Chinese Government Scholarships to outstanding masters or PhD students. Nanjing University is one of the top universities in China under the direct supervision of the Ministry Education of China. Nanjing University was founded in the year 1902 and it is well-known for its strong academic portfolio and outstanding professors.
The Chinese Government Scholarship ”Nanjing University Master and PhD Program” is set up by the government of China to facilitate students and scholars from all over the world to conduct their study and research in Chinese universities. The scholarship aims to increase the mutual understanding and friendship between people of China and people from the rest of the world and to develop the communication and cooperation between China and the rest of the world in the field of Education, Technology, Culture and Economics.
- Academic Background: Applicant must have completed a four-year undergraduate degree for students pursuing a master degree and a master degree or equivalent for students pursuing a PhD degree.
- Chinese Language: Applicant must be willing to learn Chinese language, if applicable, and receive education in Chinese language.
- Health: Applicant must be mentally and physically healthy.
Scholarship will be tenable for three years and four years from the date of award for masters’ degree and PhD degree, respectively. One-year preparatory education in Chinese language prior to grantees’ study of his major will be provided with full scholarship benefits if deemed necessary.
- Allowance: Grantee will be provided a monthly stipend of RMB 1,700 and RMB 2,000 for masters’ degree student and PhD degree student, respectively.
- School Fees: Fees for matriculation and tuition will be paid by the Chinese government.
- Health Insurance: A health insurance will be provided to the grantee by CSC for the entire duration of his/her scholarship.
- Accommodation: A free accommodation will be provided to a grantee in the International Dormitory of the University for the entire duration of the scholarship.
Applicants must log on the online application system to complete an on-line registration and application.
After filling the application form on-line (facility code for Nanjing University is 10284), applicant must click the “submit” button and print out application from the application system.
After the online application is complete, applicants must submit the following documents to the Scholarship Coordinator (address below) by the required date. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Printed Application form with recent photograph
- Certified true-copy of Academic transcript and Diploma of highest degree obtained (English Translation is need if transcript and diploma were in language other than Chinese and English)
- Two recommendation letter from adviser/professor of the last school attended
- Medical certificate (Download from link below)
- Printed “Code for International Scholarship Students of Nanjing University” with applicant’s signature. (Download from link below)
For further inquiries, please contact:
Miss Zhou Chunyue
Institute for International Students
Nanjing University, 22 Hankou Rd
Nanjing, P.R.C. 210093
Scholarship Application Deadline: December 15th 2011. Notification of successful applicants will be posted on the official web site of the Institute for International Students, Nanjing University in March 2012. School year starts 1st September, 2012.
Scholarship Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application