Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters)
Provider: Aalto University
Country to Study in: Finland (Europe)
Aalto University provides a wide range of Master’s programmes which are taught entirely in English, targeted for all nationalities.
For the 2011/2012 intake, the programmes listed below will charge a tuition fee of 8000 EUR/academic year from non-EU/EEA-citizens. To that effect, Aalto University offers a number of full scholarships for non-EU/EEA (international) citizens in these programmes. The scholarships will be allocated in order of merit.
The applicant must provide certification of being considered equivalent to a European Union Citizen, a photocopy of the residence permit (the residence permit carries the letter P) or a degree certificate from Finnish higher education institution.
There are NO tuition fees/scholarships for:
- citizens of EU/ EEA (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) countries, citizens of Switzerland
- non-EU/EEA citizens who are equivalent to a European Union citizens
- non-EU/EEA citizens who have a right to permanent residence in Finland
- non-EU/EEA-citizens who have completed or who will complete Finnish Higher Education degree (university degree or degree from university of applied sciences) by the end of July 2012
Citizens of ALL non-EU/EEA countries
Aalto University, Finland.
Aalto University offers the highest level of education in economics, art and design, and technology in Finland.
Fields of Study
Schools of Science, Electrical Engineering and Engineering:
- Master’s Programme in Mobile Computing – Services and Security
- Master’s Programme in Service Design and Engineering
- Master’s Programme in Communications Ecosystem
- Master’s Programme in Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s Degree Program in Information and Service Management
- Master’s Degree Program in International Business Communication
- Master’s Degree Program in Marketing
- Master’s Degree Programme in Environmental Art
- Master’s Degree Programme in International Design Business Management (IDBM)
Not specified by provider
For the whole duration of the programme
The scholarship is allocated for a maximum of two academic years and covers the tuition fee, living and studying expenses.
- Category A (Gold): Full Scholarship 16,000 Euro (2x 8,000 Euro per academic year)
- Category B (Silver): Full Scholarship 16,000 Euro (2x 8,000 Euro per academic year)
- Category C (Bronze): 50% of Full scholarship 8,000 Euro (2x 4,000Euro per academic year)
Method of Application
The application for the scholarship is included in the programme specific on-line application form (eAGE).
The applicants for master’s degree should fill in the on-line application form, available only during the application period 2 January – 15 February 2012.
Applications commence on January 2, 2012. All applications must be submitted on or before February 15, 2012.
By merging Finland’s premier business, technology, and art and design universities in 2010, the resulting institution, Aalto University, envisions a future that is international, multi-disciplinary, and full of opportunities.
Application Deadline: 15 February 2012
Open to International Applicants: Yes (only Non-EU/EEA students)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Scholarships in Europe for International Students