Study Subject(s): Culture, History, Society, Politics, Economics, Geography, Arts, Literature of Japan and other parts of Asia
Course Level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Provider: Waseda University and JCCI Singapore Foundation
Scholarship can be taken at: Japan
• All applicants must be Singapore citizens, below the age of 25 (as at 1 st January 2012).
• Applicant must be a university undergraduate from an Arts and Social Sciences, Business or Law background.
• Applicants with some knowledge of basic Japanese language will be preferred.
• Applicant must have genuine interest in Japan.
• He/ She must be physically healthy.
Scholarship Open for International Students: No
The Japanese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (JCCI) Singapore Foundation, in cooperation with Waseda University in Japan, set up a one-year scholarship program for university undergraduates to study culture, history, society, politics, economics, geography, arts, literature and so forth of Japan and other parts of Asia. The scholarship program was established in 1995 to commemorate Singapore’s 30th Year of National Independence and the 5th Anniversary of JCCI Singapore Foundation. The Foundation hopes to provide young Singaporeans an opportunity to study in Japan through this program. Also, it wishes to promote further exchanges and cooperation between Singapore and Japan. The successful candidate is thus expected to play the role of a diplomat with the task of strengthening the bilateral relations.
How to Apply: Post
Scholarship Application Deadline: 19 September 2011
Further Scholarship Information and Application