Course(s) Offered: Sciences
Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Country to Study in: Australia
The Gravity Discovery Centre (GDC) has established this scholarship to recognize the huge contribution to science education in Western Australia made by Professor John de Laeter and his wife Robin.
The scholarship is designed to enable tertiary students to collaborate with scientists, educators, communicators and technicians through the auspices of the GDC.
The successful applicant will design and construct an exhibit/display/multimedia production that will be permanently located at the Gravity Discovery Centre. The main purpose of the project should be to motivate and communicate science to the thousands of visitors annually to the Centre.
Applications are invited from students enrolled at any West Australian university who:
- are undergraduate/postgraduate students
- have an interest in communicating science to others
- have initiative and creativity in designing and producing a suitable product
- can work independently and as part of a group to complete tasks in a timely manner
- are available during the tertiary vacation period from December to March
Open to New Zealand citizens, Australian citizens or Australian Permanent Residents who meet above criteria
The Gravity Discovery Centre (GDC); Curtin University; Western Australia
Fields of study
All fields of the Sciences. Course type will be:
- Postgraduate Research
- Postgraduate Coursework
Not specified by provider
Throughout duration of programme
The scholarship value is $4000 and shall be awarded in two (2) parts with $2000 paid at commencement of the scholarship period and the balance ($2000) on successful completion of the exhibit.
Support from scientists, educators, communicators and technicians will be provided in the design and construction of the exhibit/display/production.
Method of Application
- High achievement in relevant secondary/tertiary education
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in some of the areas relevant to the GDC
- Demonstrated interest in science communication and ability to communicate
- Ability to take projects to timely completion.
Applicants are required to complete the Application Form.
Complete and return this form by post, email or fax.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to return form
Applications open: 29/08/ 2012
Applications close: 18/10/2012
For more information and enquiries:
Application Deadline: 18 October, 2012
Open for International Students: Yes (BUT see above)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in Australia for International Students