Course(s) Offered: Nursing, Midwifery
Course Level: Postgraduate (PGD, masters)
Provider: Cockwell family
Country to Study in: South Africa
A Scholarship Programme has been established by the Cockwell family, in memory of their mother, Daphne Cockwell, at the University of Cape Town in the Nursing and Midwifery Division of the faculty of Health Sciences.
Applications are invited from eligible South African citizens who will register at the University of Cape Town, for fulltime study towards the Postgraduate Diploma and the Master’s degree in Nursing and Midwifery.
To be eligible:
- Applicants must be in possession of a four year degree or equivalent. (NB: An equivalent is regarded as a 4 year diploma).
- Individuals who are full-time salaried employees are ineligible. However, if full-time employed applicants intend to take leave-of-absence from employment to complete the degree, an official letter from employer indicating release for the full duration of the study period is required.
- Applicants must show financial need (please see application procedure below).
- Applicants who are in receipt of government-sponsored awards are ineligible to apply.
- Successful candidates will be required to comply with the policies, procedures and practices of postgraduate funding at UCT.
- Part-time employment of no more than 20 hours per week will be permitted.
Open to citizens of South Africa
Division of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town (UCT), South Africa
Fields of study
Health sciences - Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) and Master’s degree in Nursing, Midwifery
Number of awards
Likely one (1), but confirm from the provider - see below
Throughout the program duration - the award is for fulltime study
Inquire from providers
Method of Application
Application for this scholarship is done online.
To apply, please visit the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town (UCT) website to apply - link is found below for this.
For complete details of this award, you may download and read thoroughly the Guidelines and Application Procedure for Daphne Cockwell Graduate Scholarships(pdf).
All applications for this scholarship award for the current season are to reach the concerned office on or before the 15th of March, 2012.
Applications are invited from eligible South African citizens who will register at the University of Cape Town, for fulltime study towards the Postgraduate Diploma and the Master’s degree in Nursing and Midwifery
The Department of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, which incorporates the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, consists of four divisions, namely:
- Communication Sciences and Disorders, incorporating Speech Therapy and Audiology
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
Application Deadline: 15 March 2012
Open for International Students: No (ONLY South Africans)
Further Scholarship Information and Application