Course(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Provider: The Hagan Scholarship Foundation
Country to Study in USA
The Purpose of the Hagan Scholarship is to provide each scholarship recipient with the opportunity to obtain a four year college education and achieve his or her full potential without incurring burdensome debt.
The preferred recipient of a Hagan Scholarship will be a high achieving and self motivated student with meaningful work or volunteer experience who aspires to obtain a college education for his or her own benefit and not to satisfy the desires of others.
The requirements include:
- Must be a student in the 2012 high school graduating class.
- Must enroll in a four year college the first semester after high school.
- Must be a resident of the State of Missouri or the State of Kansas.
- Must have attended as a junior and senior an Eligible High School.
- Must have achieved a high school GPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Must have scored 23 or higher (composite score) on the ACT.
- Must have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of less than $12,000.
- Must have an unmet financial need in excess of $2,000.
- Must apply for eligible Federal and State grants.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
Each applicant must authenticate financial need in order to attend college. Recipients will be selected based upon character, academic ability, achievement in and out of school, and future promise.
Residents of an Eligible USA State
All accredited high schools, colleges and universities in the United States (about ninety seven colleges and universities so far).
For graduate study, recipients can attend any four year not-for-profit college or university accredited by one of the six regional accreditors in the United States with HSF approval.
See the list of eligible high schools and eligible universities.
Fields of study
All courses offered within the participating University
Number of awards
One hundred and fifty new scholarships can be awarded each year
Throughout the complete 4 year duration of college
The average value of a four year Hagan Scholarship is about $24,000.
Method of Application
To apply, you must be eligible.
If you are eligible, then you need to visit the 'Application' section of the official website (link to it is below) for complete information (including a Letter to Eligible Students and a Hagan Scholarship Brochure) on how to apply.
Applicants can apply for a scholarship from September 1 to November 15 of each year.
The Hagan Scholarship Foundation, Columbia;
Application Deadline: 15 November 2011
Open for International Students: No
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in the USA for International Students