Study Subject: Historical relations between demography and land use in West Africa
Employer: Center for Development Research, University of Bonn
The candidate will be expected to participate in the interdisciplinary and disciplinary courses of the ZEF Doctoral Studies Program from 1st October 2011 -February 2012. He/she will develop an individual research proposal until February 2012. For data collection, 10-12 months of field research in West Africa will be required. During the writing-up period of the dissertation, the candidate will be based at ZEF in Bonn.
Three years starting from August 2011 under conditional acceptance of the confirmation by the funding agency. A scholarship awarded will cover living, research as well as travel cost.
- Very good degree (Diploma, Master or Magister) in social anthropology, social geography, political sciences or development sociology
- very good writing skills in English are required for the dissertation
- very good knowledge of French are required for research in a francophone country
- good knowledge of field research methods is required
- experience in research is of advantage
- work experience in West Africa is of advantage
Scholarship Application Deadline: 20th June 2011
Further Scholarship Information and Application