University of Manitoba Employees Scholarship(UMES)
Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate
Provider: University of Manitoba
Country to Study in: Canada
The University of Manitoba Employees Scholarship (UMES) is open to spouses or dependent children of University of Manitoba employees or retired former employees.
Please read all of the eligibility criteria and restrictions listed below, but also visit the official website (a link to it is below).
To be eligible, all students must:
- be the spouse* or dependent child* of an employee or retired former employee of the University of Manitoba. The employee must be a full-time or part-time regular employee whose work week is fixed at 50% or more for 12 months spanning the academic session for which the student applies (i.e. May 1, 2010 to April 30, 2011).
- have been registered full-time (at least a 60% courseload) in the Fall/Winter session; and/or have been registered for at least 9 credit-hours in the Summer session;
- be enrolled in a degree credit program;
- have achieved a GPA of 3.0 or better for the session applied for;
- only those courses with a minimum grade of B will be considered.
To be eligible, Graduate Students must:
- have completed an academic session as a full-time graduate student;
- have achieved a sessional GPA of 3.5 with no one grade lower than a B+.
Citizens of ANY country who satisfies Eligibility Criteria as above
The University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Field of study
Any course offered at the university may be considered.
Undergraduate Faculty of Medicine students in good standing are eligible for these scholarships.
Number of awards
Not specified - please inquire from the sponsors
The award is applied to the complete duration of the applicants course
Students may only receive this scholarship for a total lifetime maximum value equivalent to 80% of the tuition for a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree (adjusted annually).
Method of Application
Only courses completed at the University of Manitoba are considered for this award program. Courses taken on a letter of permission at another institution will be used to calculate course-load only. Fees paid at another school or institution will not be considered eligible.
It is important to visit the official university website via the provided link below.
The scholarship application deadline date is 31 May 2011
Spouse is defined as a legal spouse, common-law spouse, or same-sex partner. Common-law spouse or same-sex partner refers to an individual who has been residing with the staff member in a conjugal relationship for a period of not less than one year before the beginning of the eligibility period (i.e. beginning on or before May 1, 2009).
Dependent child is defined as any unmarried child who is dependent on the staff member for support and maintenance. Marriage, in the case of the dependent child, is defined in the same manner as it is defined for a spouse of an employee (see Spouse note above).
Application Deadline: 31 May 2011
Open to International Applicants: Yes
Further Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Canadian Scholarships for International Students