Study Subject(s): Forestry and Forest Products
Course Level: Masters
Scholarship Provider: CSIR
Scholarship can be taken at: South Africa
- A degree in chemical engineering.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ideally have an interest in or experience of some of the following areas: process simulation and modelling process design software packages (Aspen, Mat LAB).
- Ability to work independently and also as a team in a project-driven environment. -Be self-motivated and enthusiastic for the work undertaken.
- Problem-solving skills and solution-seeking orientated.
- Be computer literate and have knowledge of statistical techniques to analyse data.
- Good communication and writing skills.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes
One objective of the project addresses energy and environmental concerns related to kraft pulping industry operations. Improvement in the kraft pulping delignification rate can result in significant savings in pulping time, chemicals and energy used. Reduction in pulping time contributes to an increase in the digester throughput and savings in pulping energy which provide economic benefits. Reduction in energy consumption during pulping implies that less coal or furnace oil will be fired in the power boiler resulting in lower greenhouse gas emissions.
How to Apply: Online
Scholarship Application Deadline: 2 June 2011
Further Scholarship Information and Application