ICE WaRM Masters Scholarship Programme
Course(s) Offered: Water Resources Management
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters, training)
Provider: ICE WaRM
Country to Study in: Australia
The International Centre of Excellence in Water Resources Management (ICE WaRM) offers a scholarship programme to attract high quality international students to education and training in water resources management, delivered by ICE WaRM partner institutions.
The ICE WaRM scholarship programme aims to:
- provide high calibre students with the opportunity to study with ICE WaRM partners to further their knowledge;
- provide students with the opportunity to participate in research and advance their scientific knowledge in water resources management;
- encourage the exchange of ideas on best practice within water-related fields;
- provide students with the opportunity to participate in presentations, conferences, seminars and forums on contemporary issues in water resources management;
- provide the opportunity for students from organisations and countries currently facing major water issues to participate in programmes which they may not be able to fund; and
- demonstrate a commitment to cultural change and diversity and the international sharing of knowledge and skills related to water resources management.
All persons with a water related background and/or an interest in further study in water resources management are encouraged to apply. Based on the scholarship guidelines (as of 2009), to be eligible scholarship candidates must:
- satisfy Australian Government Visa requirements for international student entry to Australia;
- not hold a current Australian Government scholarship;
- meet or exceed the university’s academic requirements (qualify for the programme to which you wish to apply) for the programme which is to be considered for a scholarship;
- be applying to commence a new programme of study and not be seeking support for a programme already commenced in Australia; and
- be able to commence study in the semester and year for which the scholarship is offered.
A number of scholarships may be limited to citizens of certain countries or to particular fields of study.
ICE WaRM’s five university partners are involved in the delivery of this programme, providing students with the opportunity to specialise in their area of interest in water resources management:
- University of Adelaide
- University of South Australia
- Flinders University
- Deakin University
- CQ University
Water Resources Management.
Visit the Post-Graduate Programmes page of the website to find out more about the programme.
Number of Awards
Not specified by provider
ICE WaRM offers full and partial scholarships toward the cost of the programme (fee tuition). For international students the fully funded scholarship is AUD$40,000 and partially funded scholarship is AUD$20,000*. (Tuition fees are subject to change by the universities on an annual basis.)
Candidates are responsible for all other costs, such as fees for University applications, visa applications, fees, living costs during the course of study, health insurance etc. Candidates are permitted to apply for other scholarships to cover “other costs” as listed.
Method of Application
1) Complete the online registration form (bottom of webpage) to gain access to the relevant application forms. Once you press "submit" you will see a webpage with links to 3 documents:
- Scholarship Guidelines
- Scholarship Application Form
- Scholarships Confidential Referee Report
3) Complete the Scholarship Application Form and send to ICE WaRM with relevant documentation by the relevant deadlines (applicants can apply for current or future rounds at any time)
- Semester 2 (July) - Deadline is last week of February each year
- Semester 1 (February) - Deadline is last Friday of August each year
For more information on ICE WaRM's international scholarship programme or your application status, please contact:
ICE WaRM Education Services Coordinator
GPO Box 860
Adelaide SA 5000
Phone: +61 8 8236 5200
Fax: +61 8 8236 5236
Application Deadline: 22 February / 30 August 2013
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application