Study Subject: Any field
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Provider: The MMMF Foundation
Scholarship can be taken at: Africa
The MMMF was founded in 1981 to honor the memory of Margaret Craig McNamara for her commitment to women and children in the developing world.
Over the past 31 years, the MMMF has awarded 205 educational grants to women from 65 developing countries whose studies in the US, Canada and also now in South Africa since 2007, aim to benefit women and children and plan to return to their countries or regions.
The MMMF is making grants, to the value of approximately $US 4000 each, available to female students, 25 years and older, from all African countries enrolled for study at the University of Cape Town.
A woman is eligible to apply for a MMMF grant if she meets all the following criteria:
- Has a record of service to women and/or children in her country or other developing country.
- Is enrolled at one of the listed universities when applying and remains enrolled during the entire year covered by the grant.
- Will use the grant toward completion of her degree.
- Is a national of a World Bank lower or middle income developing member country (see country eligibility list on MMMF website)
- Plans to return to her country or another developing country within about two years after completing use of the grant and perform at least two years of service.
- Demonstrates financial need and satisfactory academic performance.
- Is at least 25 years old by the application deadline.
- Is not related to any World Bank Group, IMF or IADB staff member or his/her spouse.
Females, 25 years and older, from developing countries enrolled at any one of the participating institutions
University of Cape Town, Cape Town; South Africa.
NOTE: The complete list of institutions is for students enrolled at one of the following:
- University of Cape Town
- University of Pretoria
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Witwatersrand
Any field of learning
The MMMF is making grants, for approximately US$ 4000 each, available to female students from developing countries undertaking university study at a listed university in South Africa.
Eventual grant recipients would be expected to apply these funds to their educational, living and/or research expenses for the academic year 2013.
Method of Application
Online Application forms are available at www.mmmf-grants.org from June 5, 2012.
Closing date for applications, supporting documents and recommendations: August 21, 2012
Scholarship Application Deadline: 21 August 2012 (each year)
Scholarship Open to International students: Yes (but ONLY African females)
Postgraduate Centre & Funding Office:
Resource: 2013 MMMF Female Scholarships Advert (pdf)
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: MMMF Scholarships in Africa for Women from Developing countries
Was above article useful? Please share: