Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate (bachelors); Graduate
Provider: Texas A&M University
Country to Study in: USA
Applying for scholarships is an important part of preparing for your college education. Eligibility for various programs is determined by your classification.
International students may apply for grants and scholarships if they have demonstrated financial need. Financial need itself does not guarantee that a student will receive a grant or a scholarship.
To be eligible to apply for the ITPEG, an international student must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting course of study at Texas A&M University.
Full-time requirements are as follows (ELI courses do not count):
|Fall or Spring||12 hours for undergraduates|
9 hours for graduates
|10 week Summer||8 hours for undergraduates|
5 hours for graduates
|5 week Summer||4 hours for undergraduates|
5 hours for graduates
All new and continuing enrolled full-time students of Texas A&M University - including U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens, Texas residents ineligible to complete the FAFSA (SB 1528) and International students
Texas A&M University, Texas in USA
Fields of study
Any approved field of study at the participating university.
PLEASE NOTE: Changes to Federal Student Loans
Awards are not designed to meet the student's entire financial need. They are designed to supplement the student's other financial resources. This permits limited funds to assist the largest number of students. Grants do NOT include a tuition waiver.
Continuing students are eligible to apply, however incoming students are required to show they are able to support themselves for one year while attending Texas A&M University. Incoming students may apply their second year for financial aid.
Method of Application
Students should download the International Financial Aid Application Form. Documentation is required to verify income and asset information requested on this form.
The following items MUST be submitted with this application.
- Current tax return (1040NR, 1040EZ) if one was filed. Dependent students must provide parent taxes or income statements.
Note: Some international students may be required to file a U.S. tax return. Please contact International Student Services at (979) 845-1824 if you have questions regarding the proper forms and procedures.
- All applicants must provide a letter from their bank with the following information (or the attached bank form):
- Current checking and savings account balances
- Total amount of deposits to your checking & savings accounts in the last 12 months
- Total value of all Certificates of Deposit and/or other securities
*If you have had more than one bank in the last 12 months, bank forms for each bank will be required.
- A letter (composed by the student) which fully explains your need for financial assistance is required. You must explain how you originally planned to finance your education, and why you are now unable to obtain the funding for completion of your studies at TAMU. Also, provide any documentation which supports your request. Please do not assume Scholarships & Financial Aid is aware of all recent events in your country. Include in your letter any changes (i.e. natural disasters, changes in national economy) in your country which affect you or your family’s ability to obtain the funding expected.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) to access the scholarship applications.
|Semester for which applying||Application Deadline|
|Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 Semester||March 31, 2011|
|Summer 2012 Semester (summer supplement also required)||April 1, 2012|
Please return the completed application form to:
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Texas A&M University
PO Box 30016
College Station, Texas 77842
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or documentation requirements, please contact ANNA M. HINES at (979)845-3236, e-mail address email@example.com.
Students that are sponsored by their country, an agency, or foundation MUST contact the Sponsored Student Programs Office at (979) 845-2550 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if they are allowed to apply for additional aid.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2012 (Summer 2012 Semester)
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application