Course(s) Offered: All subjects
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters)
Provider: Kingston University
Country to Study in: UK
The Kingston University Postgraduate scholarships are open to prospective full-time postgraduates in any subject area on a one-year taught masters degree course offered at Kingston University.
These scholarships are available for both September entry and January entry (for courses with a relevant start date).
The International Office at Kingston University offers more than 60 scholarships and bursaries per year to international students. These awards are given to: encourage academic excellence; increase the diversity of the student population; and develop relationships.
You can apply for an award if you:
- are an international student (classified as 'overseas' for fee purposes);
- have an offer of a place on a course at Kingston for 2013/14 entry; and
- are not currently registered on a postgraduate course at Kingston University.
The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of:
- academic merit;
- what you expect to gain from the course you are taking; and
- what you intend to do after completing the course.
Citizens of ALL countries can apply
Kingston University, London; United Kingdom (U.K.)
Fields of study
All masters degree level courses and subject areas available /offered at the university
For the whole one-year duration of any taught masters degree
Number of awards
Not specified for postgraduate students, but several will be given
The University offers awards totaling £200,000 every year, with each international scholarship worth £3,500. This means that you must make sure you can cover the outstanding amount for fees and living expenses yourself.
As one of the university's scholars you'll belong to a group of some of the best students, with access to senior staff and special events, giving you the opportunity to benefit from many other aspects. These include:
- attending the annual scholars' events at historical locations often attended by senior staff, academics and the Mayor of Kingston upon Thames;
- boosting your career prospects through valuable networking opportunities;
- belonging to the special alumni group for scholars and meeting other scholars from around the world;
- impressing future employers with your award; and
- being a valued student ambassador for Kingston with opportunities to contribute to some of the marketing material and in-country activities.
Carefully note that the procedures for scholarships application is SEPARATE from the admissions application.
Before you begin your scholarship application, please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria. You must: be an international student (classified as 'overseas' for fee purposes); have an offer of a place on a course at Kingston for 2013/14 entry; AND not currently be registered on an undergraduate or postgraduate course at Kingston University.
Please also note that you will need electronic copies of the following documents to make your application online:
- a copy of your offer letter;
- an academic reference letter;
- a copy of your academic transcript/worksheet; and
- a copy of your Academic IELTS or TOEFL result (where applicable).
Applications are accepted twice yearly for the January and September intakes. The deadline for January 2014 scholarship applications is Monday 18 November 2013.
Please note that the university CANNOT consider applications received after the deadline.
Remember that the scholarships application procedure is separate from the admissions application procedure.
Carefully note that Kingston University reserves the right to withdraw or amend a scholarship or bursary without prior notification. Scholarships and bursaries are offered subject to funding and availability.
If you have any questions about the application and selection procedure, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section of the official website (link to it is below)
Or contact the school at: email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 18 November 2013
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in UK for International Students