University Twente Scholarship (UTS)
Course(s) Offered: Available fields
Course Level: Graduate (masters)
Provider: University of Twente
Country to Study in: Netherlands
The University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are for excellent international students from both the EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, who are applying for a graduate programme at the University of Twente.
The UT Scholarship is for those international students who show excellence, both academically as well as socially. You must meet all UT requirements to succeed with your application. If you apply for a UT scholarship without meeting all the requirements, your application will ALWAYS be unsuccessful.
The UT masters scholarship is NOT available for Dutch and/or current UT students. This programme is also not available for Master's programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
Eligibility / Application Requirements
In order to be eligible for a University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below:
- Your programme starts in September 2017;
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT graduate programmes (Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results).
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
- You have to include a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words). This motivation letter explains:
- What you have studied in the past;
- What goal you want to reach through your study at UT;
- How you plan to receive this goal;
- Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable);
- You may already apply for a UTS even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements. UTS benefits and support are explicitly for Master’s programmes, not for pre-master programmes. Please note: If you intend to start your Master’s programme in September 2017 and you are required to follow a pre-master programme, the pre-master should start in February 2017 at the latest.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT Dutch nationals and current UT students)
University of Twente, The Netherlands
Fields of study
All qualifying masters level courses offered at UT
Number of awards
Approximately 30 scholarships are available each year. There is a limited number of UTS available every year, and only the most excellent students will be nominated
Scholarship is awarded for one year of study and extended for a second year if study results are sufficient.
In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second when students meet the progress requirements for the UTS. These progress requirements in order to get a scholarship for the second year are:
- an average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year of the programme;
- at least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year programme;
- 90% of European Credits before start of the second year programme.
The grant value varies from €3,000 up to a maximum of €25,000 for one year
Method of Application
In order to apply for this scholarship, you must meet all requirements as listed. Applications are now through an online application process. If you meet all the criteria and requirements, then you are welcome to start the application process for a UTS. Please note that if you apply for a UTS without meeting all the requirements, your application will not be considered.
It is important to read the masters application instructions for admissions BEFORE applying; and also to visit the official UT scholarship website (link to it is below) to start your online scholarship application.
There are two graduate course admission rounds as well as two scholarship application rounds. Admissions deadline for UT graduate courses are 15 December (for Round 1) and 15 March (for Round 2).
The UT Scholarship application Round 1 closed on 1 February 2017. UT Scholarship application for round 2 is from 1 February 2017 until 1 May 2017.
University of Twente (Universiteit Twente in Dutch) is a university located in Enschede, Netherlands. It offers research and degree programmes in the social and behavioral sciences and in engineering.
Application Deadline: 1 May 2017
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Related: Scholarships in The Netherlands for International Students