Course(s) Offered: Arts
Course Level: Undergraduate (diploma, bachelors), Postgraduate (masters, PhD)
Provider: Government of Malta
Country to Study in: Europe, Malta
The Arts Scholarships Scheme aims at providing more opportunities to support individuals who are exceptionally talented in the promotion of professional performance specialisation in the arts.
Theatre, music, dance, design, creative writing, film, the visual arts or any combination thereof shall be given priority.
In order to apply for an Arts Scholarship, an Applicant shall:
- be a Maltese citizen who has been residing in Malta for the past five (5) years. Provided that a Maltese citizen who has been residing outside Malta for study, health or work purposes or any other purpose which the ASSB may consider, will still be eligible to apply and this period of time during which the citizen was abroad will not be taken into consideration for the purpose of calculating the five (5) year requirement. or
- be a Maltese Citizen who is a worker or self-employed person in Malta, or
- be a national of an EU/EEA state or a family member of such EU/EEA national (as defined in LN 191 of 2007 and in LN 205 of 2004 respectively for EU and EEA nationals), provided that such person has obtained permanent residence in Malta in accordance with LN 191 of 2007 and in LN 205 of 2004 respectively for EU and EEA nationals, or
- be a national of an EU/EEA state who is in Malta exercising his/her Treaty rights as a worker, self-employed person or person retaining such status in accordance with LN 191 of 2007; or
- be a third country national who has been granted long-term residence status in Malta under regulation 4 of the “Status of Long-Term Residents (Third Country Nationals) Regulations 2006” or who have been granted a residence permit under regulation 18(3) thereof, together with family members if such third country nationals who have been granted a residence permit under the “Family Reunification Regulations, 2007”.
Citizens of Malta, EU/EEA and Third world countries
Be applying for a Recognised Programme of Studies at a Recognised Institution.
Fields of study
Be applying for a full-time programme of studies leading to a specialised level in the arts.
Number of awards
Applicants shall start their programme of studies applied for between 1st January 2014 and 31st December 2014
An award of financial aid for a student to further education in a specialised field of the arts. At the end of the scholarship, the Awardee is expected to provide the Administration with proof that she/he has completed successfully the programme of studies for which the Applicant was awarded the scholarship.
Method of Application
Applicants with exceptional talent in the field of the arts as identified in the Terms and Regulations document on the official website (link to it is below) are invited to apply using the appropriate application form. This form is available from:
- Customer Care Office, Education Information Centre, Great Siege Road, Floriana.
- Downloaded from the website www.myscholarship.gov.mt
Only ONE (1) Application Form shall be considered by the ASSB. If an Applicant submits more than one application the last one submitted shall be taken into consideration.
It is important to read the Malta Arts Scholarships Terms and Regulations and visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete details on how to apply.
The application deadline is 29th April, 2011, at noon (local time).
Late applications shall not be considered by the ASSB.
All applicants are to request an acknowledgement for receipt of application from the receiving office if the form is submitted by hand. Alternatively, applications sent by mail are to be sent by registered post.
It is the Applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is received by the respective deadline as stated in Clause 6.7.
A vibrant arts sector underpins a healthy, open, contemporary society. An energised, growing and sustainable arts community, which spans all art forms and delivers quality outcomes, will sustain an even more demanding leisure industry and is vital to ensure the future cultural, social, intellectual and economic wellbeing of Malta.
Application Deadline: 29 April 2011
Open to International Applicants: Yes
Further Scholarship Information and Application