Course(s) Offered: Economics, Finance
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters)
Provider: La Caixa Fdn, Barcelona GSE
Country to Study in: Spain
The “La Caixa” Savings Bank Foundation and the Barcelona GSE offer fully-funded scholarships to students from emerging and developing countries.
Successful applicants to the La Caixa Scholarships in Economics will be those with excellent academic backgrounds who will return to their home countries at the end of their professional training process to implement their knowledge.
- Be citizens of an emerging and developing country
- Have excellent academic backgrounds
- Return to their home countries at the end of their professional training process to implement their knowledge.
Citizens of ALL developing and emerging countries.
This will mean all countries EXCEPT Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States of America.
Barcelona Graduate School of Economics; Catalonia; Spain
Fields of Study
Available Master Programs at Barcelona GSE
- MSc in Economics and MSc in Finance
- MSc in Competition and Market Regulation
- MSc in the Economics of Science and Innovation
- MSc in International Trade, Finance, and Development
- MSc in Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets
Fourteen (14) scholarships will be awarded.
These are FULLY funded awards, thus will last the whole duration of the masters programme
The scholarship covers:
- master program tuition
- medical insurance
- round-trip airfare from the student’s country of residence
- monthly stipend for expenses during the student’s stay in Barcelona
There is no extra application for these scholarships. The student will find the relevant section in the application form.
Please note that the selection process for all scholarships is handled entirely by the Admissions Committee of the Barcelona GSE.
Click here for more information on the application process (the online application form is also found at this page). You must indicate on your application that you wish to be considered for financial assistance.
The deadline for applications for non-European students is 15 July 2011 and for European students is 1 August 2011.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early to enhance their chances of acceptance.
Resource links: Admissions FAQ | News: La Caixa program
Application Deadline: 15 July / 1 August 2011
Open to International students: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application
Barcelona GSE Announce La Caixa Awards
Related: List of Scholarships in Spain for International Students