Course(s) Offered: Management Studies
Course Level: Graduate (masters - MBA)
Provider: An alumni donor
Country to Study in: UK
The Excellence & Opportunity Scholarships have been funded entirely by generous alumni who want to give others the same opportunity to benefit from the Manchester MBA experience that they enjoyed.
The scholarships are competitive and awarded to the strongest candidates but also those that can demonstrate financial need.
Currently the Alumni scholarships are only open to UK permanent residents (not citizens of UK). Hopefully, this requirement may change or be waived in the future.
Alumni Scholarship criteria include:
- Outstanding performance across all of the Full-time MBA admission criteria
- Potential to contribute and enrich all aspects of the MBA programme and the diverse professional and cultural profile and experience of the MBA class.
- Strong values and ethics and preferably able to demonstrate contribution to society/communities in roles outside of the workplace.
- Potential to become outstanding future alumni ambassador and contribute positively back to the School, organisations and communities.
- Able to demonstrate a strong fit with our overall admissions strategy
- Financial need
Targeted at the most outstanding and deserving students, all these awards take into account financial need, as well as achievement and potential.
Candidates applying for the alumni scholarship are not required to take the GMAT, however shortlisted candidates will be required to take the Manchester Admissions Test (MAT) before attending a mandatory Assessment Day at MBS.
Citizens of ALL countries (BUT must be permanent residents of UK)
Manchester Business School (MBS), Booth Street West, Manchester, United Kingdom
Fields of study
Full-time MBA studies at MBS
Number of awards
A total of 3 scholarships will be awarded
This is a full scholarship award
The value for the current academic session is £40,000 per award (i.e. full scholarships)
Method of Application
To be considered, you need to:
- be a UK permanent resident with indefinite leave to remain in the UK and also
- have been ‘ordinarily’ resident in the UK (i.e. the UK is your main place of residence) for a consecutive period of three years prior to the start of the Full-time MBA programme.
Please visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on this scholarship and how to apply to it.
Final Application Deadline is 1 June 2016. Assessment Day is yet to be confirmed, but it was 15 June 2015 for the last academic session.
The Excellence and Opportunity scholarship is generously funded by an alumnus of MBS who would like others to have the same opportunity to benefit from the Full-time MBA experience. The donor wishes to remain anonymous however you will probably get the opportunity to meet him if you join the MBA programme.
Due to the high value and prestigious nature of these awards, all candidates who make the short-list will be required to attend a mandatory Assessment Day at Manchester Business School. The Assessment Day will include a presentation about you and your achievements, an interview and a group exercise. All candidates will be required to take the online Manchester Admissions Test prior to the Assessment Day.
Apply as early as possible to be invited to the Assessment Day.
MBS reserves the right not to award these scholarships if no suitably outstanding candidates are identified.
Application Deadline: 1 June 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes (BUT permanently resident in UK)
Further Scholarship Information and Application
Related: List of Scholarships in the UK for International Students