Course(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Graduate (masters)
Provider: University of Leeds
Country to Study in: UK
Postgraduate students at Leeds benefit from around £10 million of funding being available from the University and externally.
The Tetley and Lupton Scholarships is one of such Leeds University scholarships available to International students.
Up to 7 awards are available for international students for Session 2014-2015 wishing to undertake a one-year full-time Master’s Degree in any Faculty.
Please read this information carefully, as your application form will be automatically rejected if you do not meet ALL of the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Applicants MUST first submit a taught postgraduate study application form (or research degree study application if applicable) and be in receipt of a Student ID Number to be eligible for a Tetley and Lupton Scholarship. Applications without a valid Student ID Number will be rejected. To apply for a place on a taught postgraduate programme, please visit: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/students/apply.htm To apply for a place on a research degree programme, please visit: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/students/apply_research.htm;
- These awards are only available to applicants who would be liable to pay academic fees at the full international fee rate;
- Applicants must normally hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK First Class Honours degree and should be considered to be the ‘best of the best’ (eg, successful applicants are likely to be in the top 5% of their BSC/BA cohort) Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the University’s English Language requirements. Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum. You should have a valid test result, which is no more than two years old by your official start date at the University of Leeds. Examples of an acceptable English Language Standard can be found at: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/rsa/international/english_lang_requirements/english_language.html;
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded a Doctoral degree or equivalent qualification.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT UK/EU countries)
All faculties at the University of Leeds, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England.
Fields of study
Any full-time Master’s Degree (taught Masters, Masters by Research or MRes) in any Faculty at Leeds
Number of awards
Upto seven (7) awards will be given in 2014/2015 session
The awards are available to suitably qualified applicants wishing to commence full-time mastership study (one-year full-time taught Masters, Masters by Research and MRes programmes of study);
The value of the award will be between £7,800 and £10,400 depending on the chosen programme of study
Method of Application
In order to be eligible to apply for this Scholarship, applicants MUST first submit a taught postgraduate study application form (or a research degree study application form if applying for a Mastership by Research) and be in receipt of a Student ID number. Applications without a valid Student ID number will be rejected.
Applicants must complete all sections of the application form(Word), with strict observation of any word limits. Please do not include any other documents with the form, such as transcripts or CVs, as they will be disregarded.
Completed forms (must be typed) should be returned in either Word or pdf format to the Postgraduate Scholarships Office, Marjorie & Arnold Ziff Building, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 UK time on the relevant deadline (applicants will receive an automated email confirming receipt of application). Please see the deadline date below.
To track the progress of your application, please visit http://scholarships.leeds.ac.uk and select the tab ‘Application Tracking’, then follow the instructions on screen (this facility will not be available until late January 2014).
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for detailed information.
For academic session 2014-2015, the closing date is 3 February 2014 (23:59 UK time).
Awards must be taken up in September 2014.
Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming receipt of the application. Applications are logged by the Postgraduate Scholarships Office and passed on to the relevant Schools for initial consideration. Each School selects a shortlist of applicants who they wish to recommend for the award. The Group on Scholarships, Studentships and Prizes then meets to consider the shortlists and select the successful applicants. Applicants can expect to be notified of the outcome of their application by the beginning of April 2014. The University will publish the names of the successful applicants within the University and externally on the University website.
The University of Leeds (informally Leeds University, or simply Leeds) is a British Redbrick university located in the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Originally named the Yorkshire College of Science and later simply the Yorkshire College, it incorporated the Leeds School of Medicine and became part of the federal Victoria University alongside Owens College (which eventually became the University of Manchester) and University College Liverpool (which became the University of Liverpool).
Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, the Postgraduate Scholarships Office will not enter into any correspondence regarding the progress of an application. See above to learn how to track the progress of your application.
Application Deadline: 3 February 2014
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application(International Scholarships at Leeds)
Related: Scholarships in UK for International Students