Study subject(s): Tropical Biology
Study Level: Postgraduate (masters)
Provider: Consortium of TBA funders
Scholarship can be taken at: Kenya
Funded through a consortium of TBA funders, The TBA Postgraduate Scholarships are offered annually by the Tropical Biology Association to its African alumni.
They are intended to help African alumni undertake postgraduate studies after they have attended TBA courses, as part of the TBA alumni follow up support programme designed to promote human resource development and strengthen professional expertise among African biologists in biodiversity conservation and research.
- Applicants must be nationals from Africa who have attended a TBA course.
- Priority will be given to those who attended courses since 2001.
All alumni of the Tropical Biology Association who are African nationals
Tropical Biology Association
Fields of study
Up to two years of study
- Funding granted for up to two years of study leading to the award of a Masters degree.
- Depending on the proposed study programme, the scholarship will include tuition fees, travel costs, study materials, and a modest living allowance.
You can download the postgraduate application form as a Word or PDF file.
You can also download the guidelines for applications (PDF format).
Applications must be in English and include the following:
- TBA Postgraduate Scholarship application forms duly filled.
- Cover letter (no more than two pages) indicating how the applicant will benefit from the course, apply education to enhance biodiversity conservation in country, region, district and community.
- A copy of acceptance letter to a university programme, or submit documentation indicating that they have applied for Masters study or its equivalent.
- Letter from employer (if applicable) confirming current status of applicant and that you will be allowed time off during the duration of study.
- Two letters of reference written by someone who has supervised you during your academic studies or professional employment. Note that it will be your responsibility to ensure that the referees send the reference letter in good time.
The TBA Postgraduate Scholarship
c/o Nature Kenya
P O Box 44486
tel: + 254 20 3749957/3746090
fax: + 254 20 3741049
NOTE: Applications received after the deadline or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 30 April (annually)
Scholarship Open to International students: Yes(ONLY African nationals)
More Scholarship Information and Application