Course(s) Offered: Natural Sciences
Course Level: Postdoctoral
Country to Study in: Kenya
The International Centre for Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Nairobi, Kenya, and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) offer the TWAS-icipe Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in natural sciences.
These fellowships are offered annually to young scientists from developing countries (other than Kenya) who wish to undertake their postdoctoral studies in Kenya.
TWAS-icipe Postdoctoral Fellowships in natural sciences are tenable for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months at the departments of the International Centre for Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) in Kenya.
Applicants for these Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- apply for the TWAS-icipe Postdoctoral Fellowship within 5 years of completion of their PhD qualification;
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Kenya);
- hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than the host country) and hold a research assignment there;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to their home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- be accepted at an icipe department and provide an official acceptance letter from the head of the department (see sample Acceptance Letter) to this effect. Requests for acceptance must be directed to Lillian Igweta (see contact details below);
- provide evidence of proficiency in English;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Citizens of ALL developing countries (XCEPT Kenya)
The International Centre for Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Nairobi, Kenya; and
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS), Italy.
Fields of study
Fellowships are tenable at icipe in the eligible programmes of
- Animal Health,
- Human Health,
- Plant Health,
- Environmental Health,
The language of instruction is English.
Number of awards
One fellowship is offered per year
TWAS-icipe Postdoctoral Fellowships in natural sciences are tenable for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months
icipe will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
Method of Application
To apply, it is important to visit the official website (via link below) for complete information and steps on how to apply to this fellowhip.
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted and received on or before the 15th of September 2011.
Late applications will NOT be considered.
Application Deadline: 15 September 2011
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Fellowship Information and Application
Related: List of Scholarships in Kenya