Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Graduate (master’s, PhD)
Provider: The Citadel Capital Scholarship Foundation
Country to Study in: Egypt
The Citadel Capital Scholarship Foundation was created in 2007, out of a strong will to contribute to national development through creating high caliber professionals to help enhance Egypt's growth in all sectors. The Foundation is funded by an endowment from Citadel Capital to grant academic scholarships for talented and promising young Egyptian men and women to pursue master degrees and PhDs abroad in all fields of study.
Due to current economic conditions Citadel Capital Scholarship Foundation will not be able to accept PhD applications until further notice.
- Applicant must be under the age of 35.
- Must be an Egyptian national and residing in Egypt.
- Applicant must have a minimum of two years of work experience post-graduation.
- Is planning to pursue his/her studies at one of the top universities in their discipline of choice.
- PhD students must submit a university admissions letter, please note that an advisor's letter on its own is insufficient.
- Must have been accepted at the university and program of interest. Applicant must submit an unconditional acceptance letter (with the exception of a funding condition).
- Excellent command of language of study Good command of the English language.
- Involvement with activities in civic, public or international affairs (NGOs, volunteer work, etc) will be an asset.
- Must have a genuine financial need.
- Not a beneficiary of any other partial scholarship or grants (with exception to waivers from the university of choice itself).
- Upon completion of program, graduates must be committed to return to work in Egypt for a minimum of 2 years.
- Military service status must be clear (for males).
All Egyptian nationals under the age of 35
ANY accredited institution in ANY country of student's choice (EXCEPT in Egypt)
Fields of study
All academic fields are eligible - full Masters as well as PhD programs at foreign universities are funded
Number of awards
Not specified. 11 scholarships were granted for the 2013/2014 academic year
The whole duration of the program
The Citadel Scholarship funds under two schemes: the full scholarship covering tuition and living expenses and the partial scholarship covering tuition only. The ceiling for tuition fees is 50,000 USD per annum.
The decision of receives full scholarship vs. the partial is decided based on the quality of the application, financial condition of the applicant and is ultimately assessed by the evaluating committee.
Method of Application
The main condition to apply for a Citadel scholarship is to be accepted at the university of choice. High ranking universities are always preferred (information on university rankings can be obtained through the internet). A valid official acceptance letter from the university is required for the application to be processed. Conditional acceptance letters are acceptable if they are solely on condition of financing. Acceptance letters with language conditions will not be accepted.
The Citadel application form is available online for download during the period of accepting applications which is from January 15th to April 30th of every year.
Since the application package must include an acceptance letter to the university of choice, applicants are encouraged to apply to universities as early as possible (for the following fall semester) to ensure that they obtain their acceptance letters before the deadline. As soon as the acceptance letter is obtained, applicants must simply fill in the application form and prepare the remaining required documents, and submit them to Citadel by post before the April 30th.
The Deadline for submitting hard copy applications is April 30th every year. The next round of scholarships will begin on January 15th 2014.
May / June - First shortlisting completed. Semi-finalists contacted for personal interviews. Interviews will be conducted until mid-June.
July 1st - Scholarship recipients announced
July - August - Placement and departure of scholars
CCSF reserves the right to apply exceptions or require additional conditions as seen necessary. CCSF also retains the right to withdraw scholarships at its own discretion.
Citadel Capital is a leading Egyptian private equity firm established by a team of professionals with extensive experience in investment banking and capital markets, operating in Egypt, North Africa and the Middle East. Over the past three years, Citadel Capital has executed some of the most compelling and successful private equity transactions in Egypt and the region, building a strong track record and an outstanding investor base, raising and investing over ten billion US dollars.
By Regular Mail (Egyptian Postal Service):
Citadel Capital Scholarship Foundation
P.O Box: 29
Postal Code: 11516
مكتب بريد مجلس الشعب
Citadel Capital Scholarship Foundation
Hold at Fedex Mohandessin office
For Inquiries: 011 28041464
Tel: +202 27945553
Fax: +202 27925849
Application Deadline: 30 April 2013
Open to International students: No (ONLY young Egyptians)
More Scholarship Information and Application